Regional Boards > Central States

Symbolic secondary route letter designations in Missouri

(1/3) > >>

SkyPesos:
Similar idea to the Wisconsin thread. I haven't found any symbolic ones myself in the St Louis area, though I think there's at least one in the rest of the state.

ozarkman417:
Route AR in Ozark County- it is an extension of Arkansas Route 87

Scott5114:
Axtell, MO has a Route AX—notable as the only use of X in the supplemental route system.

Route R, and two-letter designations beginning with R, are generally reserved for access roads to recreational areas. Boat docks and campgrounds and things like that.

skluth:
It's not an interesting name designation, but I always thought it strange that the westernmost mile of Highway D in St Louis County is a freeway. I don't know of other letter designation freeways.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: skluth on October 03, 2021, 03:44:25 PM ---It's not an interesting name designation, but I always thought it strange that the westernmost mile of Highway D in St Louis County is a freeway. I don't know of other letter designation freeways.

--- End quote ---
Not a freeway, though Jefferson County Route M between MO 21 and I-55 is an expressway, which is pretty rare with lettered routes too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version