News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NE-2

Started by Interstate1956, January 04, 2018, 11:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate1956

Christmas came a bit early on December 13 when the NE-2/US 75 interchange was opened to traffic. NDOT did a great job with  raising the overpass substantially in order to have a flat highway design. As a citizen of Lincoln, one can only hope that the South & West Beltways can be built sooner than later that would eliminate 15 traffic signals!

kphoger

I utilized that interchange while it was still under construction, back in October.  I didn't realize it was being grade-separated until I was planning my trip and Google refused to route me that way (because the eastbound roadway was closed so Google thought you couldn't go east from there).  I agree that it looked good.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

skluth

The South Beltway around Lincoln should be built within 10 years. South Beltway site: http://dot.nebraska.gov/lincoln-south-beltway/

I imagine the West Beltway along US 77 will be upgraded once the South Beltway starts being built. There is no current timetable. West Beltway site: http://dot.nebraska.gov/projects/bna/first10/fy-2020-2023/lincoln-west-beltway/

bugo

Has NE 2 east of Lincoln been repaved in the last 15 years or so? I drove through there in 2001 or 2002 and the road was in horrible shape. It was a concrete highway and you could feel each expansion joint in the road.

Revive 755

^ I think it had a dowel bar retrofit and diamond grinding done, but not a full resurfacing.

SD Mapman

Quote from: bugo on January 11, 2018, 12:53:44 AM
Has NE 2 east of Lincoln been repaved in the last 15 years or so? I drove through there in 2001 or 2002 and the road was in horrible shape. It was a concrete highway and you could feel each expansion joint in the road.
Parts of it have (I think), but there's still very washboardy sections as per Saturday...
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

roadman65

NE-2 Lol!  Interesting thread considering that one user here uses that name to call himself.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

theroadwayone

Quote from: roadman65 on March 22, 2018, 09:07:28 PM
NE-2 Lol!  Interesting thread considering that one user here uses that name to call himself.
Damn right.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.