News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The I-49 route through Lafayette

Started by longhorn, October 21, 2013, 11:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

Hwy 90 through Lafayette will be the future I-49. Hwy 90 route is one way through Lafayette. Is the plan to demolish the block between the one way streets and construct an elevated structure. Or will a block to right side be demolished too?

Has anyone noticed the ........um.......craters on Hwy 90 about 20 miles south of the I-10 interchange. YOWZA!!!, I seen hairline cracks in concrete but man, those cracks are not hairline but canyons!

A large part of Hwy 90 from Lafayette to Raceland is ready to be signed I-49. Morgan City is going to need a couple interchanges and the Lafayette section, but that section is ready. From Raceland to Alvondale...........thats going to take big bucks, aloooooooooooot of swamp to go over.

Urban Prairie Schooner

Quote from: longhorn on October 21, 2013, 11:20:53 AM
Hwy 90 through Lafayette will be the future I-49. Hwy 90 route is one way through Lafayette. Is the plan to demolish the block between the one way streets and construct an elevated structure. Or will a block to right side be demolished too?

http://mpo.lafayettela.gov/Projects/I-49connector/Loc_Map/I-49connector_Location_Proposed_New_MPO.jpg

The connector will veer west toward the BNSF railroad line as it approaches the downtown area. I believe that route involves fewer demolitions/takings. The route will follow Evangeline Thruway north and south of the one-way couplet section.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.