News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by webny99 - Today at 10:41:05 PM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on Today at 08:36:11 PMNew England Patriots select NC QB Drake Maye at #3.

A bummer for the rest of the AFC East.

Falcons selecting Michael Penix Jr at #8 overall is the most surprising QB pick since Daniel Jones.

This draft has definitely made history opening with 14 straight offensive players, not to mention the record-setting 6 QB's in the first 12 picks.

6 QB's gone before the Raiders picked at #13 was definitely not something anyone had mocked and they would have been laughed off the street if they had. There was plenty of talk of Bo Nix falling out of the first round entirely like Will Levis, while hardly anyone considered that he might go as early as #12. Also since there were only 6 potential first round QB's, there was some extra petty motivation for the Broncos to take the last one to stick it to the Raiders. They still got a good player in Brock Bowers, but you can bet they're disappointed all 6 QB's were gone.
Southeast / Re: Charlotte
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 10:40:08 PM
I think Charlotte is trying to impress Tom958 with these APLs.  (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220246205985829&set=a.10220246332869001)

International Highways / Re: Philippine expressway syst...
Last post by bing101 - Today at 10:32:34 PM
Here is an Update on the CLLEX. 
Traffic Control / Re: Is Georgia finally getting...
Last post by ran4sh - Today at 10:21:00 PM
Quote from: roadfro on Today at 11:52:48 AMThe exit to US 23 rightly deserves an exit only panel since that lane drops.

This isn't a lane drop, the exit uses a regular deceleration lane. I don't think it would make sense to drop a thru lane right before a major system interchange.
Traffic Control / Re: Unique, Odd, or Interestin...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: Amaury on April 24, 2024, 04:12:05 PMThis is on US Route 2 at the Idaho and Montana border. I don't think I've seen a sign that actually said state line: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZbUjEXdFeByQtAuR8

Fairly common in Kansas where the state line falls on a bridge or some other location where installing a full-size graphical welcome sign is difficult: I-435 west, I-435 south. The standard graphical sign will then be installed a little ways down the road where it's more convenient. It helps that it pairs well with the standard "Xxxxx/COUNTY LINE" sign that Kansas uses.
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 08:36:11 PM
New England Patriots select NC QB Drake Maye at #3.
Mountain West / Re: US 93 In Arizona Progress
Last post by pderocco - Today at 08:36:09 PM
Quote from: DJStephens on Today at 09:20:12 AM
Quote from: splashflash on April 24, 2024, 09:30:51 AMThe design for an interchange was completed four years ago for Pierce Ferry Road

https://azdot.gov/planning/transportation-studies/us-93-pierce-ferry-road-feasibility-study
May have mentioned this before, but quite bizarre.  The idea to build a "half interchange", instead on building the whole thing at once.  Is that what "T1" stands for, a half assed attempt?  Seems stupid to get a contract let again, spend more later, get a contractor out to the remote site again, later, to build the rest of the interchange when they feel like it.  Almost seems as if Pete Rahn has his grimy hands into the design.   At least no skewing or shifting of mainllines appears present.   

I thought it said TI, not T1, and assumed it stood for tee interchange. But whatever. It looks like the way it is designed, none of it wouldn't have been needed had they decided to do the whole thing at once, so it seems reasonable.
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 08:34:39 PM
Williams, Daniels, Maye first three picks. Stunner.
General Highway Talk / Re: Road-Geeky Things Of The P...
Last post by bing101 - Today at 07:11:45 PM
I miss the Union 76 Clock Tower between former Highway 480 at I-80 Bay Bridge in San Francisco. I remember this as a kid when I lived in the city. It was a roadgeek favorite.

That location is now One Rincon Hill towers in San Francisco that took the spot of the former CA-480 ramp and former Union 76 Tower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Rincon_Hill

Southeast / Re: I-40 in North Carolina
Last post by ARMOURERERIC - Today at 07:07:52 PM
I did not know about the public meetings on 40/64 hence did not attend.  My biggest agitation is that the local paper supposedly showed online all the alternatives, and a tight diamond was NOT one of them.  Even now, on local discussion forums many are like "where did that stupid option come from"?  I'm curious if the FHA approved  an option that the locals did not really have a chance to comment on.  All the other proposals had a 2 or 3 lane left turn pocket from 64w to 40e, a properly built tight diamond is going to need a 7 lane bridge for 64, 2 lanes each direction for 64, 2 lanes for left turns on 64 w, and 1 lane for lefts on 64e and the will have to be concurrent on the bridge due to the close signal spacing.  Hell the SPUI had a triple left, so obviously there was a noticeable need.

What stinks 8s with all these interchanges that were supposed to be done by 2020 now being pushed back, NCDot is having to spend millions just to keep 70 years old bridge decks usable for another 20 years.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.