News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Any Athletic Roadgeeks?

Started by BigMattFromTexas, August 10, 2009, 05:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

I am, i play football, basketball, used to play baseball, and do track and field.
I used to play six-man football but now the my school is a charter school i play eleven-man football.
Anyone else?
BigMatt

xonhulu

I played golf today, does that count?

Alps

:clap: :clap: :clap: :sarcasm:

i ran track. i play ultimate and bike. i routinely jog old alignments.

Ian

I play football for my school. I also do wresling, tennis, and baseball
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

mightyace

I keep pushing my luck.  Does that count?  :sombrero:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Roadgeek Adam

I can play mostly every sport. Only one I want to attempt but have never tried is Lacrosse.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Chris

I'm not a fan of sports. I cycle and walk every once in a while, not much more... The national sport here in Europe is soccer. I don't watch that at all...

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

deathtopumpkins

Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Bryant5493

Uh, no. Like sports, but can't play 'em. I've got good reflexes, though.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 14, 2009, 10:01:26 AM
What about band? ;-)
It is in its own sports category :)
I used to play baseball professionally (got onto jv) but blew my shoulder out making an out at the plate from center field. Now all I can do is bike and play some football (wide receiver)
Hope everyone is safe!

english si

Quote from: Chris on August 12, 2009, 01:43:53 PMThe national sport here in Europe is soccer. I don't watch that at all...
Did I sleep too much last night and miss the victory of the Euro-federalists and ever-closer union has meant that we're all one nation now? :P

Also, we're talking about how athletic you are, not whether you like sports.
Quote from: Bryant5493 on August 14, 2009, 07:08:05 PM
Uh, no. Like sports, but can't play 'em.
Ditto. Or rather, I can play them, I'm just not very good.

I'm OK at Ultimate (a couple of years back I was marking someone on the UK national squad and managed to stop her effectively. But I'm a bit poor at catching), and in my teens was a pretty good dingy sailor (though cost and lack of opportunity has meant it's been years since I was last in a boat). Can play hockey (field, not ice) with some degree of skill, but it's been 5 years since I last wielded a stick (unless unihoc counts, and it doesn't really). Soccer I have a little skill, but not much more than to enjoy running about to the right places at the right time and occasionally make a decent pass/interception.

I do like running about places, tend to walk to places, but I don't get enough exercise, particularly in winter.

Takumi

I walk a lot, as I live in a neighborhood that has a 1-mile loop and hills, making it a good 20-30 minute mild workout. If I'm walking my dog, it may take longer. That's about it.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

J N Winkler

I have done various things over the years.  For about ten years I used to commute by bicycle, so I was guaranteed at least thirty minutes' vigorous exercise in at least two bursts every day.  These days I walk mostly since that helps me think and sleep.  I used to be into lifting weights, and want to start that again.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

realjd

I bike (on and off road, including to work sometimes), hike, kayak, and have recently gotten into indoor climbing. I also have referreed youth soccer off and on over the past 10 years also.

As an adult, there's not much availability for recreational team sports like schools provide to students, and what adult leagues exist usually require a larger time commitment than I (or my wife will let me) make.

Jim

Alpine skiing is my thing.  I enjoy it enough that it motivates me to get to the gym a few times a week year round to be in good enough shape to be ready when the snow comes.  Plus it has a roadgeek benefit of getting me to some places I otherwise would not likely travel.

Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

twinsfan87

I'm kinda tall and lanky, but I'm athletic enough to play racquetball and volleyball somewhat well.

Dougtone

During the winter, I go curling.  It's a nice aerobic exercise, as well as being a lot of fun.  I've also picked up some snowshoes, so hopefully there will be some snow sometime this winter for me to test out the snowshoes.

When it's warmer out, I do some walking, light hiking, kayaking, play in an adult kickball league, etc. 

jwolfer

Quote from: BigMattFromTexas on August 10, 2009, 05:06:46 PM
I am, i play football, basketball, used to play baseball, and do track and field.
I used to play six-man football but now the my school is a charter school i play eleven-man football.
Anyone else?
BigMatt

I played football ( Defensive End and Offensive Tackle... I wasn't huge but one of the bigger guys on the team-- it was a small HS) and ran track( 800m was my main event) in High School.  I was on  a Div III football team in college as D-back... but I think I played a grand total of 3 minutes in a game--- I was more or less a tackling dummy during the week.

But that was many years ago.  Now I do yoga a couple times a week and some running and biking.

BigMattFromTexas

Not trying to bump it.. But over the last year I started as the varsity center freshman and sophomore years, I'm 6'1" 180lbs.. A faced 5'11" 280lb nose guards.. :-| But now my big sport is basketball, about one inch from dunking.. The best part of athletics, weight lifting, leg pressing 540lbs!  :D
BigMatt

Special K

Distance running.  Doing a half marathon in 2 weeks while on vacation in Germany.  Full marathon in October.

jwolfer

Quote from: BigMattFromTexas on May 16, 2012, 08:00:42 PM
Not trying to bump it.. But over the last year I started as the varsity center freshman and sophomore years, I'm 6'1" 180lbs.. A faced 5'11" 280lb nose guards.. :-| But now my big sport is basketball, about one inch from dunking.. The best part of athletics, weight lifting, leg pressing 540lbs!  :D
BigMatt

I was about that size at 17... im now 6'1" 210 down from 260... Football will beat your body up... so unless you are getting scholarships or getting paid by the NFL find something else... But stay active... its much easier to stay in shape than get back in shape

texaskdog

Softball & mountain biking, and I love watching college football & college softball

NYYPhil777

I'm really into bowling. Played it since I was nine yrs. old, and I played bowling all four years of high school. As of now, my highest game is 298.
I actually watch more bowling on TV than any other sport.

Happy Roadgeeking,
NYYPhil777 ;-)
(from Blazing Saddles)
Jim: Where you headed, cowboy?
Bart: Nowhere special.
Jim: Nowhere special? I always wanted to go there.
Bart: Come on.

-NYYPhil777

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.