Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Gas Station Fandom

<< < (2/14) > >>

vdeane:
I like Sheetz, Wawa, Stewart's, Fastrac (although they seem to be going downhill), Cumberland Farms (they might also be going downhill), Byrne Dairy, and QuickChek.  For a lot of these, food does play a big part of that (especially Sheetz, Wawa, Stewart's, and QuickChek), but they also seem to be cleaner and are generally good with the windshield washer fluid and squeegees (such is actually the reason my opinion of Fastrac is going down; they haven't been good on this the last few times I've gone, and the same is also true for Cumberland Farms).  Now, it's not like I'm going out of my way to go to these places (mostly; I do go a little out of my way when visiting my parents to go to Fastrac), but if they're along my trip plans, they get higher priority (especially Sheetz and QuickChek).  Getting food and gas in one stop is certainly a time saver (such is why I don't like how Wawa and Cumberland Farms don't have seating), and many gas stations feel filthy in comparison, even just at the pump.  Plus when you drive a lot, the windshield stuff is essential.  I don't understand why many stations just put dish detergent in water, or have bad squeegees, or don't have anything at all.

Yeah, I've probably been becoming a bit of a gas station snob in recent years...

Rothman:
Sheetz is teetering in quality to me, given my last few visits.1  Have a fond nostalgia for Cumby, though, and its cheap gas in MA.  Love Stewart's and its year round egg nog.

Convenient Food Mart's logo bugs me.

TheHighwayMan394:
Kwik Trip doesn't seem to be especially popular with roadgeeks specifically, but it does have its own general cult.

jeffandnicole:

--- Quote from: Rothman on May 22, 2022, 09:47:56 PM ---Sheetz is teetering in quality to me, given my last few visits.

--- End quote ---

A gas station that produces greasy fast food? What is your base acceptance of quality food??

Rothman:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 22, 2022, 11:09:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on May 22, 2022, 09:47:56 PM ---Sheetz is teetering in quality to me, given my last few visits.

--- End quote ---

A gas station that produces greasy fast food? What is your base acceptance of quality food??

--- End quote ---
I could get a decent milkshake or other ice cream treat there.  Last few times I've been there, it's been disappointing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version