News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Updating Thruway Service Areas

Started by Otto Yamamoto, January 08, 2023, 03:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Yamamoto

Ted$8roadFan

I'm somewhat surprised to see this in the New York Times, an institution which if anything represents the kind of changes that are coming to the Thruway rest areas.

webny99

There's been plenty of discussion of these upgrades in the Thruway thread.

I thought the existing service areas were fine and would much rather the funds went towards widening select sections of the Thruway. But I guess upgrades were going to be needed eventually (maybe in a decade or two) so I'm not going to complain.

vdeane

I don't think Applegreen would have paid for widening the Thruway.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Otto Yamamoto

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on January 08, 2023, 12:32:55 PM
I'm somewhat surprised to see this in the New York Times, an institution which if anything represents the kind of changes that are coming to the Thruway rest areas.
I was surprised that they even acknowledge the Thruway exists. Roads are for proles.

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: Otto Yamamoto on January 19, 2023, 07:21:28 AM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on January 08, 2023, 12:32:55 PM
I was surprised that they even acknowledge the Thruway exists. Roads are for proles.

It was written by their Metro columnist; it wasn't a news story.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.