News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: noelbotevera on March 10, 2019, 04:08:38 PM
No idea why DST is a controversial topic...it's just sixty minutes added on or removed at a time when nobody is asleep.  :meh:

On a more lighthearted note: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (no really, she's been missing for like 15 years now, where is she)

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to affect, but actually, from a non-linier, non subjective point of view it is more like a big ball of wibbily wobbly timey wimey...stuff .  ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

On a more lighthearted note: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (no really, she's been missing for like 15 years now, where is she)

Maybe she's with Waldo. Where's Waldo?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hotdogPi

Quote from: hbelkins on March 10, 2019, 08:26:56 PM

On US 301 in Florida. If you hate speed traps, don't go there.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

US71

33.351461, -93.295963

Big John

Quote from: 1 on March 10, 2019, 08:28:28 PM

On US 301 in Florida. If you hate speed traps, don't go there.
Also on WI 57 in Sheboygan County.

vdeane

Quote from: MantyMadTown on March 10, 2019, 09:09:12 AM
Yeah we might as well have permanent DST since we're practically in it for most of the year.
I think at this point the mods wish we had permanent DST so that people would stop posting about it.

On a more lighthearted note: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
On Netflix.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

CNGL-Leudimin

AASHTO meeting: Tennessee gets approval to renumber US 70 between Lebanon and Sparta as US 70C
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hotdogPi

Evacuation Day in Boston takes new meaning due to Seabrook NH nuclear power plant explosion
Poll: Should we abolish Clearview? This vote is binding!
Nova Scotia trunk shield found with "US" label
Chicago annexes city of East Chicago
The 1-2-4 road sign challenge //is there a route 4096 anywhere? Maybe the UK? What about 8192?
The 1-2-5 road sign challenge //Three, sir!
The 1-2-6 road sign challenge //is there a route 5040 anywhere?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Takumi

Quote from: 1 on March 11, 2019, 11:15:24 AM
is there a route 4096 anywhere? Maybe the UK? What about 8192?
A few Virginia counties have 4096s, and Fairfax County has an 8192. I don't think Chesterfield Counry has reached 8192 yet.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

US71

Takumi

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: US71 on March 11, 2019, 01:51:39 PM
Dick York or Dick Sargent
Only because no one prefers Dick Sargent.

"A sitcom added a new, young character at the end of its run in an effort to boost sagging ratings and I liked it"

US71

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 11, 2019, 02:50:51 PM

"A sitcom added a new, young character at the end of its run in an effort to boost sagging ratings and I liked it"

York, as I have read, was too ill to continue which is why he was replaced. Sargent lasted 3 years.

hbelkins

"The best enema I ever had"

"Has anyone ever pooped in their pants?"

"Do you eat your boogers when you pick your nose, or do you just wipe them off?"

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

abefroman329

Quote from: US71 on March 11, 2019, 03:00:01 PM

York, as I have read, was too ill to continue which is why he was replaced. Sargent lasted 3 years.
Oh, I thought it was Sargent that was ill.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on March 11, 2019, 03:04:09 PM

"Do you eat your boogers when you pick your nose, or do you just wipe them off?"

Ask Tim ;)

Big John

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 11, 2019, 03:06:15 PM

He became ill well after the show had ended.

kphoger

The second might follow naturally after the first.  ?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

briantroutman

And yet Sargent was reportedly the producers' first choice to play Darren (!), but because he was unavailable due to a contractual issue (other sources state that Sargent turned the offer down), they had to "settle"  for Dick York instead.

Yes, according to a documentary I saw many years ago, Dick York had suffered a serious back injury during the filming of a Western film in the late '50s, and it left him with chronic pain for the rest of his life. He began taking painkillers to cope and soon became addicted. On the documentary, some costars and crew members recalled that he'd shoot a scene then return to his dressing room where he'd put himself in a whole-body sling in an attempt to get relief. In addition to heavy drinking and smoking, his condition eventually deteriorated to the point that he couldn't continue in the role.

By then, Dick Sargent was out of his commitment (or was in need of employment and willing to reconsider), and the producers simply went back to their first choice.

formulanone

Cue up Hoe-Down...

Boogers: It's what's for dinner (during long traffic jams)

PHLBOS

Quote from: Big John on March 11, 2019, 03:12:37 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 11, 2019, 03:06:15 PM

He became ill well after the show had ended.
I though he (York) left due to a back injury.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

kphoger

Quote from: Gastronaut: Adventures in Food for the Romantic, the Foolhardy, and the Brave (Stefan Gates, 2006)
My gastronautical survey shows that 44 percent of everyone I questioned has eaten their own boogers as an adult, though only 2 percent admitted to ever having eaten someone else's.

For what it's worth, everybody eats their own snot, all day long, every day.  The cilia inside your nose are constantly transporting snot to the back of your throat, whereupon it drains down into your stomach.  Picking your nose and eating the snot is just a shortcut, and you may as well be efficient.
Male pronouns, please.

Takumi

Boo, nobody got my obscure Wayne's World reference.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

abefroman329

I got it, and I believe I requested the hand job.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.