News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hello from a Marylander

Started by epzik8, July 28, 2016, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

My name is epzik8, and I'm a roadfan. As of this introductory post I am 21 years old. My obsession with highways and maps probably goes back all the way to when I was about 5 years old. I believe I first discovered AARoads back in 2007, but I didn't discover the forums until very recently. The highway guides on this site are what got me hooked to it.

I reside roughly halfway in between Baltimore, Maryland and Wilmington, Delaware. My favorite interstate highways are: The JFK Highway section of I-95 in Maryland (which is my home stretch of interstate); the entire Baltimore Beltway; the entire lengths of I-68, I-83 and I-97; the entire stretch of I-95 from the Springfield Interchange in NoVA to Savannah, Georgia; just about all of I-70 east of St. Louis; I-81 between Roanoke, Virginia and Scranton, Pennsylvania; pretty much the entire Pennsylvania Turnpike; the entire New Jersey Turnpike; I-495 in Massachusetts and all of I-80 in Pennsylvania. My favorite non-Interstate freeways are the U.S. Route 1 Kennett-Oxford Bypass in Chester County, Pennsylvania; the freeway sections of U.S. Route 15 in Frederick County, Maryland and Adams County, Pennsylvania as well as the U.S. Route 340 freeway outside of Frederick; the Baltimore-Washington Parkway; the U.S. Route 30 freeway between York and Lancaster, PA; and the Homestead Extension of Florida's Turnpike. Some other limited-access-type highways I am fond of are the U.S. Route 1 Bel Air Bypass north of Baltimore, the Maryland Route 30 Hampstead Bypass and U.S. Route 301 along Maryland's Eastern Shore (between the U.S. 50 split and the Delaware state line). I am completely against a Delmarva interstate.

I have traveled the entire length of I-70 from Baltimore to Cove Fort, Utah; I have also traveled the entire lengths of I-83, I-97 and I-99. And while I haven't done all of I-95 just yet, I've been on at least a portion of that highway in every state it travels through. I just need Florida between Fort Lauderdale and Melbourne; Pennsylvania from I-76 to its temporary end north of Trenton, New Jersey (although that part will be eliminated in a few years), most of New York state, and I think a small portion in Maine. The westernmost stretch of interstate I've traveled is a few miles of I-5 in between Seattle and Tacoma, Washington.

Okay, that's enough. Glad to be on this forum.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts! I have traveled on the entire length of I-88 in New York (most people on this forum have done more than one).
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Rothman

Welcome from Upstate NY!

In terms of 2dis (since it seems were chiming in), I've clinched 18 of them: I-59, I-66, I-68, I-71, I-76 (eastern), I-78, I-79, I-81, I-82, I-83, I-84 (eastern), I-84 (western), I-87 (NY), I-88, I-89, I-91, I-93 and I-97.  I only have 11 miles of I-70 to go through Columbus to clinch it entirely.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

freebrickproductions

Welcome from Huntsville, AL! The only interstates I've driven the entire length of have been I-565 and I-359 here in Alabama.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

7/8

Welcome from a hot summer in southern Ontario! So far I haven't clinched any 2di's, but I have clinched some Ontario King's Highways :)

SignGeek101

Welcome from rain-soaked Winnipeg!

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

noelbotevera

Welcome from the state north from you!
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Alex

Welcome to the board!

The bulk of the photos on the Maryland guides were taken by me from trips home to Delaware or on extended visits from there. Always liked the quality of MD roads.

Been to Harford many times too, including several visits to Havre de Grace back in the mid 90s. I recall signage there for ALT US 40 even.

tckma

Quote from: epzik8 on July 28, 2016, 02:59:50 PM
the entire Baltimore Beltway

Sadist.

QuoteI have traveled the entire length of I-70 from Baltimore to Cove Fort, Utah

Clinching the x0 interstates is kind of a life goal of mine.  The only one I'm anywhere close to finishing is I-90, thanks to a cross-country road trip in 2006.  As for the x5s, I'm also mostly complete with I-95 and its various sections.  I just need I-4 south to Miami and from Bangor, ME north to the border of Canuckistan.

TR69

Welcome from Louisville KY.

I haven't clinched any 2di's, but I've *totally* covered the street I live on...!   :nod:

TR69

Quote from: TR69 on October 18, 2016, 05:15:17 AM
Welcome from Louisville KY.

I haven't clinched any 2di's, but I've *totally* covered the street I live on...!   :nod:

Oh, wait -- actually I have clinched I-66 (whoopdee-do).

tckma

Quote from: TR69 on October 18, 2016, 05:28:15 AM

Oh, wait -- actually I have clinched I-66 (whoopdee-do).

I-97 is also an easy clinch.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.