News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What happened to Future I-130?

Started by bugo, July 11, 2014, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Quote from: RBBrittain on October 05, 2014, 02:42:35 AM
The environmental studies for I-49 north of Texarkana assume the existing Texas Loop (now I-369) will be extended northwest from I-30 (easiest way thru the residential areas) to the edge of the city, then back east to meet I-49 just west of the Arkansas Loop's end -- no TexAmericas Center shortcut, but a full-circle Loop via I-369, I-49 & AR/TX Loop 151.

However, the Executive Summary of the Texarkana to DeQueen US 71 and Texarkana Northern Loop FEIS, completed in September, 2001, does anticipate the possibility that the Texas I-69 Corridor evaluation (HPC 20) could result in a westerly relocation of US 59, which in turn would necessitate more environmental studies for the Texas segment of the Northern Loop (page 14/24 of pdf; page ES-13 of the document):

At least the FEIS (and resultant ROD) allowed Arkansas to build and open its section of the Northern Loop to traffic, with I-49 signage coming soon to that section.

US71

Quote from: Bobby5280 on September 03, 2014, 09:56:24 PM
So, basically, some people kind of jumped the gun in sticking those I-369 shields on the loop highway in Texarkana when I-369 stands a good chance of not going there.

Get your photos now before it's too late ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.