News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Edens Spur (I-94) widening?

Started by I-39, May 24, 2015, 04:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzlsabe

Quote from: GeekJedi on November 22, 2015, 03:24:58 PM
Quote from: ET21 on November 21, 2015, 09:50:31 PM

The price is not an issue????? In a state that's broke??? Lovely :pan: :pan: :pan:

I suppose if the ISTHA foots the bill (which they should), IL being broke isn't a factor, though money isn't the only factor involved.
What?....are the other factors?
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

dzlsabe

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 23, 2015, 03:13:56 AM
This thread is a disaster.

No doubt. Suggest looking at the "missing ramps" topic. Cmon people..its (fourty days from) 2016.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

Scott5114

Quote from: dzlsabe on November 23, 2015, 11:49:22 PM
Cmon people..its 2016.

This sort of attitude is why it's a disaster.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

dzlsabe

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 24, 2015, 03:09:37 AM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 23, 2015, 11:49:22 PM
Cmon people..its 2016.

This sort of attitude is why it's a disaster.
Its a perfectly good east-west road that you can only go, from the Edens WB only north or from the EB spur only south.

Find another road in the country (world) that does that? I know someone will find one somehow.

english si

Quote from: dzlsabe on November 24, 2015, 03:41:08 AMIts a perfectly good east-west road that you can only go WB north or SB east. Find another road in the country (world) that does that?
M26 in England (as one of a couple of examples off the top of my head).

Cmon dzlsabe..its 2015 - we must have brought in viatology lessons in school by now. ;)

roadman65

If its a perfectly good east-west road, why is he complaining about it needing "extra ramps" then?   As far as it being 2015, maybe its a typo.  Then again he puts down his age as 9, so maybe he is not good with numbers either.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

dzlsabe

Quote from: english si on November 24, 2015, 06:36:10 AM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 24, 2015, 03:41:08 AMIts a perfectly good east-west road that you can only go WB north or SB east. Find another road in the country (world) that does that?
M26 in England (as one of a couple of examples off the top of my head).

Cmon dzlsabe..its 2015 - we must have brought in viatology lessons in school by now. ;)
So somebody from UK found one, in UK! Whats the MO on that? If anymore show up (in US) from under the top of your head, do give a shout.

By the time anything relevant shows up here, I expect it will be 2016. Its what, 37 days away? Oh, the inanity.

dzlsabe

Quote from: roadman65 on November 24, 2015, 08:01:39 AM
If its a perfectly good east-west road, why is he complaining about it needing "extra ramps" then?   As far as it being 2015, maybe its a typo.  Then again he puts down his age as 9, so maybe he is not good with numbers either.
Its called "sarcasm". I dont "complain". I suggest alternatives. Theres a difference. Bitches bitch. Men (and women) resolve problems.

Im not nine, but if it bugs you, its doing its job. Dont believe everything you read on the internet.

Is it Disneyland or world down there?

Brandon

The Spur really doesn't need the extra ramps.  What might do a lot more to fix some of these problems is a set of ramps from the inbound Kennedy to the outbound Edens, and from the inbound Edens to the outbound Kennedy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

dzlsabe

If you lived around Highland Park and were going back and forth to the airport for the past FIFTY years, you might think differently. If you were driving a truck on SB Edens and knew traffic was coming to a halt in a mile, you might think differently.

Not that your ramp suggestion has anything whatsoever to do with the Edens Spur, but how would the Kenedens ramps you mention ever be configured?

roadman65

Quote from: dzlsabe on November 24, 2015, 10:21:34 AM
Its called "sarcasm". I dont "complain". I suggest alternatives. Theres a difference. Bitches bitch. Men (and women) resolve problems.

Im not nine, but if it bugs you, its doing its job. Dont believe everything you read on the internet.

Is it Disneyland or world down there?
I do not believe anything I read on the internet which is why I find your post about the perfectly good road so unbelievable.  Now this is going to be my last time arguing with you as I am stooping down to your level even posting this.

Wresting with a troll is like wrestling with a pig.  You both end up in the mud.

Just remember you rant enough times on here, you will make lots of waves on here as there are a lot of people on here who will not tolerate your nonsense at all if they have not already!
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

dzlsabe

It is a perfectly good road. And there are only two ways to go instead of four. I find it unbelievable, too. You think I make that up? Look at the map/satellite. Nobody can or will deny it. Doesnt make sense for some of the wealthiest burbs in IL. If this was in ISTHAs beloved Dupageco, no way would this happen. Its been this way since the day it was built, what near sixty years ago?

Roadgeeks that youd think like every road theyve ever seen, except this one. And the Hypo one. Just dont get it?

SSOWorld

Topic being locked until we can sort this out
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.