News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

WISDOT Region Inconsistencies

Started by peterj920, July 25, 2023, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterj920

Traveling throughout the state I'm noticing some differences between regions. The gore points at exits are painted with stripes or chevrons extensively in the North Central and Southeast Regions while the others only paint them selectively.

The Northwest Region really likes their Right Turn Obey this Sign while the other regions don't care to use it.

It seems like the North Central Region doesn't like to sign non-interstate freeways at 70 while the other regions do. Maybe that's why US 10 isn't signed at 70 between Fremont and Appleton and why US 51 is still 65 north of Wausau.

I'm sure there's others but it would be interesting to know why there's differences between regions instead of more uniformity.

TheHighwayMan3561

I think many states have these little differences between districts. In Minnesota, a couple districts put the distances to the towns displayed on BGSs at highway junctions, but most don't do this at all or do it only if the town is a longer distance away. Personally I would prefer if distances were consistently displayed.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

dvferyance

Also the southeast district uses the monotubes to hang just one light while the rest of the state has kept the old horizontal setup if there is only one above light.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.