News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

McDonald's moonhead

Started by bandit957, January 25, 2020, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ce929wax

Yes, I remember them.  I was three years old and the dancing moon freaked me the f out, lol.

ErmineNotyours

abefroman329

Anyone else remember when Burger King had table service* in the evening and a separate dinner?

*BK's term, but it was really fast-casual; you had to order at the counter and then they would bring it to your table.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: abefroman329 on September 15, 2022, 02:05:59 PM
Anyone else remember when Burger King had table service* in the evening and a separate dinner?

*BK's term, but it was really fast-casual; you had to order at the counter and then they would bring it to your table.

Yes, I actually going to a BK and actually having my order taken to my table.  Kind of felt inefficient IMO.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

GCrites

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2022, 02:24:18 PM

Yes, I actually going to a BK and actually having my order taken to my table.  Kind of felt inefficient IMO.

With Dan Cortese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2raNFYvDB0

abefroman329

Quote from: GCrites80s on September 15, 2022, 08:38:42 PM

With Dan Cortese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2raNFYvDB0
Thanks, I could not for the life of me figure out who BK was competing with, since fast casual wasn't really a thing in the early 90s, but if they were offering free popcorn, then maybe they were trying to compete with...Ground Round?

Scott5114

This is the way a lot of fast food places operate now: Whataburger, Dairy Queen, and Chick-Fil-A do it consistently, and some McDonald's do as well (especially if you order on the touchscreen thing).

The little Whataburger numbered table tents are so ubiquitous that at least one Texas law enforcement agency has used them as crime scene evidence markers.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Road Hog

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 17, 2022, 08:15:25 PM

This is the way a lot of fast food places operate now: Whataburger, Dairy Queen, and Chick-Fil-A do it consistently, and some McDonald's do as well (especially if you order on the touchscreen thing).

The little Whataburger numbered table tents are so ubiquitous that at least one Texas law enforcement agency has used them as crime scene evidence markers.
The reason they do that is the pickup area can get so congested that there isn't room for everyone standing around. In-N-Out still has a small waiting area for people with orders.

texaskdog

Quote from: jakeroot on January 25, 2020, 07:07:51 PM
Wasn't alive yet, but wasn't the moonhead on TV for years?

No that was Nightbreed.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.