US highway 8, Wisconsin's next rural expressway?

Started by chrismarion100, August 14, 2021, 03:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

Apparently we all obsess over every single little word here and take everything 100% literally 100% of the time, so I'll rewrite my statement: roads that seem to be more dangerous are oftentimes not actually more dangerous.

Rothman

Quote from: thspfc on August 17, 2021, 07:54:24 AM
Apparently we all obsess over every single little word here and take everything 100% literally 100% of the time, so I'll rewrite my statement: roads that seem to be more dangerous are oftentimes not actually more dangerous.
The onus is on the communicator to communicate well, not on those to whom he is communicating, especially when communicating through writing.

In my office, had you put that in an email, the story would be told again and again to much laughter and it would achieve legend status.

Be careful what you double-down on.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

thspfc

Quote from: Rothman on August 17, 2021, 07:57:04 AM
The onus is on the communicator to communicate well, not on those to whom he is communicating, especially when communicating through writing.

In my office, had you put that in an email, the story would be told again and again to much laughter and it would achieve legend status.

Yeah sure. Better be careful about "doubling down"  on a random statement on a road forum that I didn't word correctly. I don't care about what goes on at your office. Really this is just a joke of a comment.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: thspfc on August 17, 2021, 11:10:27 AM

Yeah sure. Better be careful about "doubling down"  on a random statement on a road forum that I didn't word correctly. I don't care about what goes on at your office. Really this is just a joke of a comment.

It would be a lot easier just to admit you said something dumb and move on.

thspfc

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 17, 2021, 11:13:34 AM
Quote from: thspfc on August 17, 2021, 11:10:27 AM

It would be a lot easier just to admit you said something dumb and move on.
I said something dumb, let's move on.

peterj920

Quote from: mrose on August 17, 2021, 01:17:14 AM
Feels like people have talked about upgrading US 14 both directions out of Janesville, but it never happens. And that was 20 years ago.

I always thought it would be done from I-39/90 to I-43 first, and should have been a long time ago.

US 14 between I-43 and I-39/I-90 has been designated as a 2030 backbone route and all backbone routes are supposed to be at least expressway grade highways. US 14 between Madison and Janesville is a connector route meaning that it should be a high quality 2 lane road at least but that's far from true. Page 14 on the link below has a map of the backbone and connector routes in the state.

https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/projects/multimodal/conn2030/2030-5.pdf

texaskdog

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 16, 2021, 10:01:17 AM
Quote from: texaskdog on August 16, 2021, 09:46:52 AM
WI 29 has been built up, should be the new US 8.  8 is a back road now except in the western part

Well it could replace 10 and go to Hastings, MN

US-8 crosses state lines.  WI-29 would not.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.