Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

International Cuisines

<< < (7/9) > >>

Mr_Northside:

--- Quote ---There's that weirdo place in Wheeling where they don't bake the cheese with the rest of the pizza.

--- End quote ---
I've heard that referred to as Ohio Valley style.
There is a place - Beto's - along Banksville Ave in the southern part of Pittsburgh that does that as well.   
Was there once on a "pizza tour" with friends, and have no desire to ever go back.

skluth:

--- Quote from: Bruce on October 03, 2022, 09:17:47 PM ---Something interesting from The Washington Post: The most common restaurant cuisine in every state, and a chain-restaurant mystery

--- End quote ---

Just curious what the difference between Bar food and Pub food is.

paulthemapguy:

--- Quote from: skluth on October 06, 2022, 03:57:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bruce on October 03, 2022, 09:17:47 PM ---Something interesting from The Washington Post: The most common restaurant cuisine in every state, and a chain-restaurant mystery

--- End quote ---

Just curious what the difference between Bar food and Pub food is.

--- End quote ---

RIGHT???Why the hell is "bar" excluded, but whatever the hell "pub" is comprises ten states!?  :rofl:

1:

--- Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 03, 2022, 09:23:30 PM ---I don't know why, but it's interesting to me that there are states where pizza restaurants are the highest quantity. Most places I've lived, you have your standard Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa Murphy's, etc., and then you have maybe one or two places that actually do pizza well. Honestly, I'd assume fast food is the highest everywhere. The states that show up in blue above, however, I'm not surprised about. I'm mildly surprised Arkansas is Mexican and not fast food.

--- End quote ---

There are a whole bunch of non-chain pizza restaurants, mostly takeout/delivery, in this area.

JayhawkCO:

--- Quote from: skluth on October 06, 2022, 03:57:25 PM ---Just curious what the difference between Bar food and Pub food is.

--- End quote ---

My guess is that bar just includes stuff like nachos and wings whereas pub is burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version