News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

How to close your account?

Started by bandit957, February 18, 2015, 09:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty

How does one close one's account?
So far, there has been no helpful information on this site.

Alps

Quote from: Marty on March 30, 2017, 10:28:53 AM
I think you just ask.

jeffandnicole

I know in the past few days there's been a thread or two that has certainly been off-topic and a bit on the mean side which may turn off a new member, but you've been a member since 2013!  It's unfortunate that there's been no helpful information for you during that time.

US71

Click on your name and you'll get your profile page. Click the tab for actions, there should be an option to delete your account.

If that fails, you will have to get the Unsubscription Kit available for $9.95 at many fine stores ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hotdogPi

Quote from: US71 on March 30, 2017, 10:49:26 AM

Click on your name and you'll get your profile page. Click the tab for actions, there should be an option to delete your account.

If that fails, you will have to get the Unsubscription Kit available for $9.95 at many fine stores ;)

The "actions" tab only appears on other profiles, not your own.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Rothman

For what it's worth, searching for information on the forums can indeed be a futile effort, but I've found that asking questions of the forum members has been a very effective means of obtaining any information I need, or at least direction to sources to get what I need.

Frankly, I think the daily influx of information is actually quite incredible on here:  Updates on I-69, I-87(NC), other signage projects around the country, listings of DOT lettings, insights into how transportation agencies work and are funded, discussions of goings-on at AASHTO, etc., etc.  I suppose if you're looking for a good lasagna recipe you wouldn't find that on here, but almost anything road-related can be found one way or another.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Marty

So who do I ask to delete my account and all of its data?
BTW, there is no "actions" feature.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Marty on March 30, 2017, 12:29:28 PM
One of the mods or admins, I guess.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Max Rockatansky

Why even bother when 2 of 3 your posts since 2013 have been in this thread?  Wouldn't it just be easier to move on rather than trying to jump through hoops to figure out how to delete your account?...just a thought?

US71

If you are 100 percent you want to do it, contact me in private and confirm. If you go, you will have to re-register should you decide to return at a later date.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Find another Marty to take your place.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Scott5114

Note that having your account deleted will not delete your posts, however. They will simply be displayed as posted by a guest user with the same name.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.