News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Stories of interstates

Started by WISFreeways, September 29, 2009, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Quote from: SSOWorld on October 09, 2009, 05:56:02 PM
I-305 here, not many people know who I am, really.  You would think I would be some freeway in San Diego or Los Angeles?  Nope.  I'm in Sacramento.  But no one would know that since I'm hidden.  I'm actually referred to as Business Loop I-80 or the Capital City Freeway. - at least part of it.  See they wouldn't let me have all of it because they told me it doesn't meet the standards.  I should be I-880.  The current I-880 should be I-180 and that California state route in Fresno should be a different number.  There are other freeways that don't meet standards that have interstate designations, why can't my junior cousin that is linked to me?
Howdy there I am I-505  we are two of three interstates with the I-x05  that have a NorCal location. Initially I was originally born as I-5w connecting from I-5 to  I-80 and when US-50 went to Oakland. Note parts of me became cut up as I-580, I-205 and I-80.  I started out as a bypass around downtown Sacramento and went from Winters,  Vacaville, to Oakland via I-80, from Oakland to Tracy on then US-50.  This is before US-50 met you in Downtown Sacramento.  I am a remainder of I-5w at my core I deal with people from Redding who want to go to the Bay Area and vice versa.

bing101

Hello I am I-405 Washington I get mistaken for I-405 Los Angeles but then again in my case the famous people I see are Amazon and Microsoft management heading to their offices. But I get asked the question about seeing celebrities in traffic and I go huh??? But still there is traffic in the Seattle area.

CtrlAltDel

I-180: "Look Mom, I'm an interstate."
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

bing101

I am I-405 San Diego Freeway in the Los Angeles area I am the butt of jokes for most jammed freeway in North America. However, I have been tied with ON-401 the most jammed road in Canada, I-610 In Houston and I-95 for most jammed freeway in the USA.

Hello I-605 here I have the strangest control cities on my route it's Thru Traffic. However I am really going from Seal Beach to Duarte. I am near the industrial areas of Los Angeles County along this route.

Hello I am I-105 I go from the i-605 to I-405 my siblings but I don't see my parent I-5 in the Southland. Yes I was CA-42 when I was considered but then again at least I am turning 30 soon.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.