News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Freeways / Expressways given ordinary street names

Started by mrose, April 30, 2013, 12:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

Quote from: cwf1701 on April 16, 2024, 10:06:41 PMIn Macomb County, I-696 is sometimes referred to by the road it was built over, 11 Mile Rd.
I-696 is known as the Ruether Freeway. 11 Mile is the service drive.

Bickendan

SE McGloughlin Blvd (OR 99E) in Portland, which falls under the non-freeway expressway (divided highway, has at-grades, driveway access, and suboptimal ramps where interchanges exist [SE Milwaukie Ave, SE Bybee Blvd, SE Tacoma St] category, from US 26 to OR 224.

bzakharin

Quote from: Bickendan on May 22, 2024, 11:25:06 PMSE McGloughlin Blvd (OR 99E) in Portland, which falls under the non-freeway expressway (divided highway, has at-grades, driveway access, and suboptimal ramps where interchanges exist [SE Milwaukie Ave, SE Bybee Blvd, SE Tacoma St] category, from US 26 to OR 224.
If we include those then NJ 38 is called Kaign Ave, although nobody calls it that (it's just Route 38). It does continue as a regular roadway without a state designation (though it's County Route 607) west of NJ 38's western terminus in Camden.

TheStranger

I've probably mentioned it before, but the EDSA moniker for the loop boulevard/expressway/freeway in Metro Manila is a short acronym for Epifanio de los Santos Avenue.

The segment in Makati from around Tramo Street east to the Pasig River basically is close to full freeway, with mostly flyovers except for a few ROROs, akin to a Jersey freeway like NJ 17. (Arguably, this is more of a freeway spur from SLEX/Skyway)  The portion passing through Ortigas and Cubao areas is more like a Santa Clara County expressway with some grade separations and flyovers, but also several intersections. 

Chris Sampang

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.