News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Closest numbered highway to where you were born

Started by epzik8, August 28, 2017, 06:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

CA 134 (at that time SSR134/LRN 161).  Ironically, when the CA 134 (Ventura) freeway was built across Glendale in the late '60's, it took a large part of the hospital where I was born (it had since moved to new facilities in Montrose). 

jflick99

Methodist Hospital in Omaha is on US 6, a few blocks away from N-133, and a couple miles from I-680.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

akotchi

Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

DandyDan

I have no idea exactly where Divine Redeemer Hospital was in South St. Paul, MN, since it has been torn down, but I thought it was close to what's now US 52, although it would have been MN 3 back then. Or it may be MN 156 now, and MN 56 then.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

sandwalk

TheArkansasRoadgeek

If it counts, I was born in Fort Smith. So, I-540. But then flown to Little Rock, so I-630.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Gulol

MN34

I-29 for interstates, U.S. 2 or 81 for U.S. highways, ND 297 for state highways.

DeaconG

Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

jmd41280

PA 88 (Mon Valley Hospital - Monongahela, PA)
"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

mrose

Roadsguy

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

kdelrio

For me, it's roughly a four-way tie, the difference being within barely a tenth of a mile (also depends on if this means as the crow flies or via direct street connections): US 75 (now Business US 75), US 20 (now Business US 20) US 77, and I-29.
Clinched interstates: 410 (TX), 225, 35, 35E (MN, TX), 35W (MN, TX), 135, 235 (IA, OK), 335, 535, 635, 129, 229, 37, 44, 271, 76 (NE-CO), 88 (IL), 155 (IL), 470 (KS), 170 (MO), 172, 180 (WY), 280 (IA-IL, NJ), 380 (IA, PA), 480 (IA-NE), 680 (IA-NE), 190 (SD), 194 (ND), 394, 494, 694, 794

english si

A4145 - though soccer fans will know it better by its road name due to it giving the name to the football stadium next to the hospital.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Darkchylde

Lallie Kemp's right off of US 51, so that'd be the closest.

paulthemapguy

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

bing101

JasonOfORoads

Technically US-30, though it's pretty equidistant to another highway. It probably depends on the room.
Borderline addicted to roadgeeking since ~1989.

bassoon1986

I-20 for me. With US 79/US 80 being a very close 2nd

iPhone

fillup420

inkyatari

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

SP Cook

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.