News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Favorite I 75 TN Exit

Started by doglover44, January 10, 2020, 01:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doglover44

What is your favorite exit on I 75 in TN ? Mine is 63 in Carryville

amroad17

Exit 129 in Lake City, er... Rocky Top.  Plenty of restaurants and fueling stations.

My favorite to read out loud?  Exit 144--Stinking Creek Rd.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Buck87

I've now stopped at the Lenoir City exit 81 on my last 5 or so southbound trips on I-75, so I guess I'll go with that.

I'm usually needing gas by then, and that exit tends to have either the cheapest price in that area or close to it when I look on gasbuddy. It's also a nice to take a little break after getting through the Knoxville concurrencies and traffic before transitioning onto the rural stretch to Chattanooga, and that's the first exit after the I-40 split.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ce929wax

Probably Exit 112.  I used to travel on Emory Rd for work everyday.

adventurernumber1

Probably Exit 5 (Shallowford Road) in Chattanooga. That was always my favorite exit as a child–it offered many, many restaurants and shops that we would go to (including the Hamilton Place Mall), and I always thought it was so cool seeing such a big exit. I still think it is super cool today, at 20 years old.  :biggrin:

I've also always loved the loop ramp (just south of Exit 5) from Hamilton Place Blvd. onto I-75 Southbound. It was always very special for me as a child whenever we went on that. Loop ramps are cool anyway, but there was something especially mesmerizing about coming off the overpass, curving through the trees, and then seeing the city of commercial development to the east as we entered onto the interstate, then passing under the same bridge we were just on (and soon thereafter reaching the very cool I-75/TN SR 153 interchange).
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

milbfan

Probably 5 or 7.  Just because those would be the ones I would frequent most to get to hotels.  Nooga was a good stopping point on a two-day drive from AL to VA.

doglover44

Caryville was always a stop on a trip south as a kid for hotel food.

CtrlAltDel

I’d have to say exit 141 near Caryville. On the one side, you have the more sleepy type of interstate services, while on the other side, things are much more modern.

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Mapmikey

Mine will always and forever be Exit 27 in Cleveland due to the postings I found there in 2014 and photographed by Formulanone shortly thereafter:

formulanone

Exit 25, because it makes me think I'm in Ohio, causing a double-take:

Rothman

I liked the intersection between I-75 and I-24 when I was a kid.  Something about the way 75 twisted through there made it interesting.  The interchange has since been widened and whatnot.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Mapmikey on January 11, 2020, 05:59:00 PM
Mine will always and forever be Exit 27 in Cleveland due to the postings I found there in 2014 and photographed by Formulanone shortly thereafter:

Wow! I can't believe there was a road signage blunder like that so close to me and I never knew about it.  :D  :-D

But I also always had fun passing through that exit as a child as well. It's a big exit, but it is still dwarfed by the massive size of the Shallowford Road Exit (Exit 5) I mentioned upthread as my favorite.

Quote from: Rothman on January 12, 2020, 01:08:19 AM
I liked the intersection between I-75 and I-24 when I was a kid.  Something about the way 75 twisted through there made it interesting.  The interchange has since been widened and whatnot.

I also always loved the cool way I-75 curved through that interchange. As of now, the I-75/I-24 interchange is actually under construction, as it is being completely rebuilt. Progress seems to be going quite swiftly, probably facilitated by the fact that there was an accident recently where an oversized truck hit the I-75 South overpass bridge on the ramp to I-24 West, and a chunk of the bridge came off. I think that definitely sped up the process, since the project actually recently started around a year before earlier news articles were previously saying it was set to begin, if I recall correctly.

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.