Regional Boards > Northeast

Connecticut News

<< < (930/934) > >>

RobbieL2415:

--- Quote from: abqtraveler on October 19, 2021, 10:42:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: shadyjay on October 15, 2021, 08:59:45 PM ---Figures.... drove up Rt 9 and 72 last Saturday and there was nothing new that I haven't seen yet.... even the 2018 spot replacement site on CT 9 SB at Exit 28 still hasn't been finished (only one support up).  It is strange to see how the 3 contracts on CT 9 have started differently... south of Middletown, lots of new sheet signs are up.  The middle section has most ground-mounts up.  And the northern section (the first contract) has shown the least progress.  I did notice one new sign on the northern section has an overlayed number, leading me to believe that instead of replacing the entire tab on the new signs (as shown in the contracts), they will instead overlay the old number over the new number, and when the southern contract comes to install extruded signs, the overlays will come off, revealing the new number.  We will see.  Southern contract still hasn't corrected the SB mile markers, as they are off by 1 mile.  They have yet to install arrows on the exit ramp sheet aluminum signs. 

--- End quote ---
I don't understand why Connecticut takes so long to complete a sign replacement project. A few years ago, New York replaced all of the signs (including supports and foundations) along the entire 71-mile length of I-84 in about 10 months. Yet, Connecticut seems to take about 3+ years to do the same over a 40 mile stretch of roadway. Even more bothersome, is there are projects in Connecticut to replace a single sign assembly that take more than a year to complete.

But then again, I don't think Connecticut gives their contractors any incentive to finish projects quickly, whereas other states hold their contractors' feet to the fire to get things done within a certain timeframe.

--- End quote ---
The aluminum signs on I-84 are being done overnight. They're probably just sending a two-man crew out with a dump truck full of signs, but they only do maybe a mile and a half per night. They're just adding enhanced mile markers and bridge signs and replacing gore and merge signs. Why can't the whole thing be done in one night?

MikeCL:

--- Quote from: abqtraveler on October 14, 2021, 09:44:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: vdeane on October 14, 2021, 12:35:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: MikeCL on October 14, 2021, 08:47:27 AM ---Whatís up with all the highway advisory signs not being fixed? Like this one NB in stamford just past 6

--- End quote ---
Does CT still use HAR?  The Thruway just got rid of their system, so all the signs are covered up or taken down.

--- End quote ---
Connecticut is one of the few states that hasn't yet joined the 511 network. Until they do so, there may still be a need for the HAR.

--- End quote ---
Just odd the signs were hanging on for dear life then I guess wind took down the rest of it.. what I donít get is all the small highway DOT signs on the side of the roadway like the weigh station in Greenwich, they took down the one over the road to put a fixed portable on the side of the road.

Mergingtraffic:
The temp CT-8 NB lanes in Waterbury are now closed. Youíre back on the original mixmaster. The big huge arrow per lane BGS is gone. I guess it was a temp one. Too bad it wasnít orange. Itís been replaced with an I-84 East Hartford Exit 35 BGS. The exit 35 is an overlay as Exit 31 is still closed.

Absolutely nothing new w the signing contract from Bridgeport to Shelton. Nothing in at least 3 weeks

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: Mergingtraffic on November 04, 2021, 08:13:22 PM ---The temp CT-8 NB lanes in Waterbury are now closed. Youíre back on the original mixmaster. The big huge arrow per lane BGS is gone. I guess it was a temp one. Too bad it wasnít orange. Itís been replaced with an I-84 East Hartford Exit 35 BGS. The exit 35 is an overlay as Exit 31 is still closed.

Absolutely nothing new w the signing contract from Bridgeport to Shelton. Nothing in at least 3 weeks

--- End quote ---
They're getting pretty close to finished with the Waterbury Mixmaster. As you mentioned, NB Route 8 is back on its normal alignment and Route 8 SB has been fully reopened. They're still working of a couple of the ramps, but it looks like they'll be done next year, as scheduled.

kernals12:
So now that the BIB has been passed, is 84 in Danbury finally getting widened?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version