Regional Boards > Mid-South

Austin, TX

<< < (67/69) > >>

Anthony_JK:
I-10 was designated as such to directly serve NOLA with the most prominent southern 2di.

I-12 was designated as such to serve as the principal bypass of NOLA for I-10.

Both designations are totally warranted.

Also, Baton Rouge is the state capital of Louisiana. I wouldn't quite call it "insignificant". Maybe compared to Frisco, but hardly insignificant in relative terms.

Thegeet:
I-5 is supposed to bypass San Francisco in order to reach Sacramento.

--- Quote from: Anthony_JK on October 09, 2021, 11:35:52 AM ---I-10 was designated as such to directly serve NOLA with the most prominent southern 2di.

Also, Baton Rouge is the state capital of Louisiana. I wouldn't quite call it "insignificant". Maybe compared to Frisco, but hardly insignificant in relative terms.

--- End quote ---
Exactly. Yes. Baton Rouge is the only significant city it serves. Other than that, which is the western end, there’s no other notable cities it serves.

ethanhopkin14:

--- Quote from: Thegeet on October 09, 2021, 12:06:05 PM ---I-5 is supposed to bypass San Francisco in order to reach Sacramento.

--- Quote from: Anthony_JK on October 09, 2021, 11:35:52 AM ---I-10 was designated as such to directly serve NOLA with the most prominent southern 2di.

--- End quote ---
Exactly. Yes. Baton Rouge is the only significant city it serves. Other than that, which is the western end, there’s no other notable cities it serves.

--- End quote ---

At the western terminus which I-10 serves anyway, so I don't really consider I-12 going through Baton Rouge since you can also get there by staying on I-10.

longhorn:
https://www.kxan.com/traffic/north-austin-traffic/nb-us-183-to-nb-i-35-flyover-to-open-friday-morning/

Another ramp opens on 183-I35 interchange.

thisdj78:

--- Quote from: longhorn on November 12, 2021, 09:47:39 AM ---https://www.kxan.com/traffic/north-austin-traffic/nb-us-183-to-nb-i-35-flyover-to-open-friday-morning/

Another ramp opens on 183-I35 interchange.

--- End quote ---

Now Austin has a non-stop inner-city bypass of I-35

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version