Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-30 Canyon Project(Dallas)

<< < (2/3) > >>

MaxConcrete:
The public meeting materials and schematics for the east corridor (east of IH-45) are posted online
http://www.keepitmovingdallas.com/I30EC

The good news is that the proposed design does not appear to be compromised from earlier designs. (I don't have a schematic of the preliminary design so I can't say for certain.)  It remains a very ambitious design.

There are numerous property acquisitions and displacements required, but virtually all of them are vacant lots, parking lots or lower-tier commercial properties. Just like the Southern Gateway (IH-35E south) and LBJ east projects currently under construction, the right-of-way along much of the corridor is maxed out with pavement with virtually no space to spare.

Frontage roads are added, but they are not continuous.

The presentation says construction could begin in Fall 2024, which would be an ambitious schedule, dependent on funding and no major opposition or legal challenges.

In_Correct:
But they simply must be continuous.

Road Hog:
Woodall was shut down for an accident, so I used the canyon to cut across from I-35E to 75 the other day for the first time.

Holy cow, what a rat's nest of lanes and merges. Fixing that is way, way worth it.

bwana39:

--- Quote from: Road Hog on August 28, 2021, 07:22:01 PM ---Woodall was shut down for an accident, so I used the canyon to cut across from I-35E to 75 the other day for the first time.

Holy cow, what a rat's nest of lanes and merges. Fixing that is way, way worth it.

--- End quote ---

I am not sure that this project will help your particular concern at all. It appears the canyon will become narrower and perhaps deeper.  More of the surface streets above will be through. It is about connecting the area between  I-30 and the Trinity River with downtown. I am not sure it is going to do much to aleviate anything in the realm of freeway traffic

Plutonic Panda:
It looks like this project or part of it is eligible for financing through the INFRA extra program from 2019 submissions. I wonder if Texas pursued it and maybe thatíll speed it up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version