Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-49 in Arkansas

<< < (664/698) > >>

msunat97:
Question for the board about I-49 in Fayetteville...why does the interstate have the weird curve where Fulbright Expressway connects?  This seems like a very weird an possibly unsafe bend in the road. 

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: msunat97 on October 29, 2021, 05:29:49 PM ---Question for the board about I-49 in Fayetteville...why does the interstate have the weird curve where Fulbright Expressway connects?  This seems like a very weird an possibly unsafe bend in the road.

--- End quote ---

Because the Fullbright Expressway was a bypass of Fayetteville that existed prior to I-49...or should I say...I-540 at the time. The weird curves you see were the result of connecting newer sections of then-I-540 to the Fullbright.

ARMOURERERIC:
So, now that it has been a few weeks, do we have a feel for what is Arkansas  next big priority?

US71:

--- Quote from: abqtraveler on October 29, 2021, 06:00:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: msunat97 on October 29, 2021, 05:29:49 PM ---Question for the board about I-49 in Fayetteville...why does the interstate have the weird curve where Fulbright Expressway connects?  This seems like a very weird an possibly unsafe bend in the road.

--- End quote ---

Because the Fullbright Expressway was a bypass of Fayetteville that existed prior to I-49...or should I say...I-540 at the time. The weird curves you see were the result of connecting newer sections of then-I-540 to the Fullbright.

--- End quote ---

The "old" 71 bypass dates back to around 1970, which was 4-laned circa 1980, then later upgraded  to I-540/I-49

Road Hog:

--- Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on October 29, 2021, 08:46:58 PM ---So, now that it has been a few weeks, do we have a feel for what is Arkansas  next big priority?

--- End quote ---
As far as bulldozers on the ground, I'm thinking Arkansas will take a breather on I-49 for a while and concentrate on finishing the I-30 project and the widening through Jacksonville. That doesn't mean they won't be working on funding for the river bridge and other I-49 segments, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version