Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-69 in TX

<< < (425/429) > >>

Thegeet:

--- Quote from: CoreySamson on October 12, 2021, 08:57:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: O Tamandua on October 12, 2021, 08:49:13 PM ---Any word on how the Kenedy County part of I-69 upgrading is going?

--- End quote ---
Per GSV the Sarita and Thomas Ranch exits appear to be finished but it looks like no work has taken place on the ranch access roads and crossings.

--- End quote ---
Yturria is finished I think. The rest between there and Riviera will be built by 2035.

O Tamandua:

--- Quote from: Thegeet on October 12, 2021, 09:37:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: O Tamandua on October 12, 2021, 08:49:13 PM ---Any word on how the Kenedy County part of I-69 upgrading is going?

--- End quote ---
Per GSV the Sarita and Thomas Ranch exits appear to be finished but it looks like no work has taken place on the ranch access roads and crossings.

--- End quote ---
Yturria is finished I think. The rest between there and Riviera will be built by 2035.

--- End quote ---

Thank you both!  :nod:

Thegeet:
Victoria is now sculpting the concrete guards for the median on US 59. They’re also redoing a drainage bridge thing to replace the old one. They’ve got like 4 or 8 concrete cubes left. I’ve been driving there weekly before college. (Between LP463 and FM1686) TxDOT has authorized the construction of the new turnaround and frontage roads for US 59 between US 87 and SH185. The west 2017 retaining wall on US 87 will be removed. (What a waste!) there will be a soil nail wall built there. New ramps, a new bridge, and new traffic lights will be built.

Any updates on the CC district (US 77) btw?

yakra:
Trying to figure out what if anything needs to be updated for TravelMapping...

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
OK, I see Sarita. No signed exit number. Probably no part of I-69E yet, not connecting to the rest of I-69E elsewhere...
An oddity: OSM shows an interchange here, but it looks dubious. The ramps are way too short and way too close to the cross road. Is this legit?

Thomas Ranch, I still see U/C in Sep 2019 imagery. Oh OK, satellite imagery does show it as complete though. OSM shows too, with the NB exit ramp & frontage rd extending a lot farther south that what Google shows. (OSM more recently updated?) Has anybody field checked this, can confirm? Is there an exit number?

--- Quote from: Thegeet on October 12, 2021, 09:37:16 PM ---Yturria is finished I think. The rest between there and Riviera will be built by 2035.

--- End quote ---
Anyone seen signage? Is there an exit number, or signed road (or place) name?

OSM shows complete lanes in between the frontage roads halfway across the county.
Remarkable progress -- if it's to be believed. Is this anything more than an OSM editor getting too excited?

How legit is any of this stuff?
Half-interchange, with dodgy-looking geometry again.
This "bridge" looks suspiciously long...
Here's another one
Grade separation, no ramps
Ditto

Is I-69E now signed farther north than the US77 Bus (Raymondville) exit?

Finally, on that note, is Exit 51 still a thing?
Same geometry + one more puzzle piece (new mainlanes) = opposite functionality; an exit becomes an entrance.
It's not the mainline behind the camera & ahead to the left with an exit straight ahead anymore --
It's the frontage road behind the camera & straight ahead, with an entrance ramp bearing off left.
I don't see any slip ramps on OSM or Google Satellite (SB, that is. NB, is this Exit 52?) until... holy cow. North of Yturria. Seriously? You gotta get off that early to take US77 Bus?

Thegeet:
No exit number for Ytturia exits. Exit 51 is gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version