News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hawkinsville, GA- Route Overload

Started by roadman65, June 10, 2021, 10:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

One of the things that is interesting about Hawkinsville, GA is the amount of routes that pass through that particular city of less than 5K.

Then of course from the east GDOT has both Commerce and Broad Streets both one way streets across the Omagule River but downtown both roads are two ways but Broad is signed TRUCK US 341 and Commerce is signed Business US 341 only from the north and US 129 is signed poorly NB on Jackson Street at Commerce where I believe it follows US 341 Bus. North by joining it there. 

Then US 129 ALT has signs at Broad but coming SB it disappears at the river bridge.

Wiki says all routes are designated
on Broad and only GA 26 uses Commerce. 

Is Wiki correct or is GDOT lost in their own confusion?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

formulanone

There's a lot of routes in Hawkinsville which join up for just a quarter mile or so.

Oddly for Georgia, only SR 11 is the hidden one out of that bunch (SRs 26 and 27 are usually independent routes outside Hawkinsville.)

Tom958

Quote from: formulanone on June 11, 2021, 05:19:10 AM
There's a lot of routes in Hawkinsville which join up for just a quarter mile or so.

Yeah, that's the little one-way connector road that shuttles traffic between the one-way bridges. On the right, not in your photo, is an (IMO) awesome abandoned mill.

I passed through Hawkinsville en route to a small-town photography excursion. I hadn't intended to stop, but I ended up spending an hour or more there and shooting nearly a hundred photos.

Mapmikey

Quote from: roadman65 on June 10, 2021, 10:57:22 PM
One of the things that is interesting about Hawkinsville, GA is the amount of routes that pass through that particular city of less than 5K.

Then of course from the east GDOT has both Commerce and Broad Streets both one way streets across the Omagule River but downtown both roads are two ways but Broad is signed TRUCK US 341 and Commerce is signed Business US 341 only from the north and US 129 is signed poorly NB on Jackson Street at Commerce where I believe it follows US 341 Bus. North by joining it there. 

Then US 129 ALT has signs at Broad but coming SB it disappears at the river bridge.

Wiki says all routes are designated
on Broad and only GA 26 uses Commerce. 

Is Wiki correct or is GDOT lost in their own confusion?

Per the GA functional classification map,

Commerce is US 341 Bus-GA 26 between Jackson St and the cutoff west of the bridges
Commerce is US 129 Bus-US 341 Bus-GA 11 Bus-26 between Golden Isles Pkwy and Jackson St
Commerce is GA 26 alone west of Golden Isles Pkwy

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.