News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2012 meets?

Started by hbelkins, December 29, 2011, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: jpi on January 21, 2012, 10:01:21 PM
I now have some dates for my Memphis meet later this spring, I am looking at one of 4 dates in March or April. 3/17, 3/31, 4/14 or 4/21.
Not that I can make it to Memphis, but keep in mind that Joliet is also scheduled for April - and I'm looking forward to it!

US71

Quote from: Upside down frog in a triangle on January 22, 2012, 11:28:04 AM

Not that I can make it to Memphis, but keep in mind that Joliet is also scheduled for April - and I'm looking forward to it!

I'd love to go to Joliet (went to High School in nearby New Lenox), but it's not economically feasible for me at this time.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jpi

I now have some dates for my Memphis meet later this spring, I am looking at one of 4 dates in March or April. 3/17, 3/31, 4/14 or 4/21.
Thats right. Mya have to narrow this down to 3/31 or 4/14, I think Joliet is 4/21?
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Quote from: Upside down frog in a triangle on January 16, 2012, 09:17:49 PM
I'm gonna add a meet for the US 202 Parkway once it opens. There will be a couple of area bridges and... I'll figure it out, depends if it's a meet or a mini-meet.

EDIT: Figured it out. September is when it opens. The meet will include Newtown Bypass, three Delaware River bridges, and a former fourth one, as well as both the newly opened Parkway and the last stages of related construction on intersecting roads. Meet will take about 3.5 to 4 hours.

Scott5114

Will try to attend a possible East OK/West AR meet. If there's a Texarkana meet where we could actually drive I-49 before it opens, holy shit, yes I'll burn vacation time on that.

Ugh, I wish I didn't work graveyard shift/had weekends off...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

I've got someone not on AA Roads interested in the Memphis meet: power_of_7, sometimes known as Alternate 71 on MTR. I was talking to him today and gave him the info. He's interested, but will have to check his schedule
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SSOWorld

Quote from: Upside down frog in a triangle on January 23, 2012, 07:38:19 PM
I'm gonna add a meet for the US 202 Parkway once it opens. There will be a couple of area bridges and... I'll figure it out, depends if it's a meet or a mini-meet.

EDIT: Figured it out. September is when it opens. The meet will include Newtown Bypass, three Delaware River bridges, and a former fourth one, as well as both the newly opened Parkway and the last stages of related construction on intersecting roads. Meet will take about 3.5 to 4 hours.
Too early to commit for sure, but if I could do this as a part of a week-long trip to NYC, I might be able to attend this - finances will definitely play a role in it as well.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

akotchi

If you want some help organizing it, I'd be glad to.  I live about 20 minutes south of the Newtown Bypass.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Alps

Quote from: akotchi on January 24, 2012, 07:36:14 PM

If you want some help organizing it, I'd be glad to.  I live about 20 minutes south of the Newtown Bypass.
Thanks, but I think I'll have it down. I'm familiar with every part except the new Parkway, and that's going to be tough to coordinate when I'm driving it the first weekend it's open.

froggie

Met with Janet Fraser and Mike Tantillo for dinner earlier this week, where I mentioned the possibility (likelihood) of holding another DC meet before I transfer in September.

Brandon

Quote from: jpi on January 22, 2012, 09:01:25 PM
Thats right. Mya have to narrow this down to 3/31 or 4/14, I think Joliet is 4/21?

Yes, 4/21.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

jpi

The Memphis meet is now set for Saturday April 28.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jcarte29

Quote from: Takumi on December 29, 2011, 06:25:53 PM
I'm interested in attending one in the general Mid-Atlantic area. Anywhere between south PA and SC is game for me.

Maybe not as far north as PA, but any in the Mid to South Atlantic, count me in!
Interstates I've driven on (Complete and/or partial, no particular order)
------------------
40, 85, 95, 77, 277(NC), 485(NC), 440(NC), 540(NC), 795(NC), 140(NC), 73, 74, 840(NC), 26, 20, 75, 285(GA), 81, 64, 71, 275(OH), 465(IN), 65, 264(VA), 240(NC), 295(VA), 526(SC), 985(GA), 395(FL), 195(FL)

hbelkins

Quote from: jcarte29 on February 15, 2012, 10:20:35 AM
Maybe not as far north as PA, but any in the Mid to South Atlantic, count me in!

Froggie's mentioned the possibility of a DC-area meet later this year. Would that work for you?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jcarte29

Quote from: hbelkins on February 15, 2012, 01:32:38 PM

Froggie's mentioned the possibility of a DC-area meet later this year. Would that work for you?

Anywhere from Richmond VA to DC is a decents day trip for me, keep me posted.

But for those interested in the I-74 connector near Asheboro NC, its scheduled to be completed by October time. Greensboro NC would be a good place to meet up if it's feasible for anyone
------------------
40, 85, 95, 77, 277(NC), 485(NC), 440(NC), 540(NC), 795(NC), 140(NC), 73, 74, 840(NC), 26, 20, 75, 285(GA), 81, 64, 71, 275(OH), 465(IN), 65, 264(VA), 240(NC), 295(VA), 526(SC), 985(GA), 395(FL), 195(FL)

jpi

I hate to spring this on everyone, I know I had 4/14 set in stone
however, something has come up, I do not want to cancel this meet but would
moveing it to Saturday 4/28 be better for everyone? I have not said
anything on facebook yet (I would not be until later this evening anyway)
I'm sorry guys but if April 28 would be a better option, I will make the
change in the next 48 hours.
Just let me know.
Thanks for your understanding. :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Quote from: jcarte29 on February 15, 2012, 02:38:12 PM
But for those interested in the I-74 connector near Asheboro NC, its scheduled to be completed by October time. Greensboro NC would be a good place to meet up if it's feasible for anyone

North Carolina used to be the meet capital of the world, but it's been a few years since there was a meet there. I'm guessing the last one was the one for the US 70 bypass of Clayton back in 2008.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

That would work for me. I normally take a vacation in October, and aside from the connector I've wanted to go back to the Triad for years. The last time I was there, I-85 (the bypass) was not quite open.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on February 15, 2012, 11:43:59 PM

North Carolina used to be the meet capital of the world, but it's been a few years since there was a meet there. I'm guessing the last one was the one for the US 70 bypass of Clayton back in 2008.
There will definitely be a Triangle Expwy. meet later this year. It's a question of who organizes it and when. Adam P. was looking to put it together.

jcarte29

Quote from: Takumi on February 15, 2012, 11:50:38 PM
That would work for me. I normally take a vacation in October, and aside from the connector I've wanted to go back to the Triad for years. The last time I was there, I-85 (the bypass) was not quite open.

I-85 By-Pass (Painter Blvd, I-85/I-73/US 421, your choice of what to call it) is great, I use it traveling East/West on I-40 even though it is no longer part of it because it's just one speed zone (65mph).

Post Merge: February 16, 2012, 10:23:22 PM

Quote from: Steve on February 16, 2012, 06:40:22 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 15, 2012, 11:43:59 PM

There will definitely be a Triangle Expwy. meet later this year. It's a question of who organizes it and when. Adam P. was looking to put it together.

Let me know, I have heard of Adam P, and have seen his websites, he does great work!
------------------

oscar

Quote from: Steve on December 29, 2011, 06:35:48 PM
Ottawa, sometime over the general summer (May-September), date TBD, is the only one I am looking at (A-5, A-50 construction being the cornerstones). I would expect a Triangle Pkwy meet in NC when the new section of 540 opens.
Any update on the likely timing of an Ottawa meet?  I'm starting to work on my summer travel schedule (probably including one or two trips to Canada), and am hoping an Ottawa meet can be worked into my Canada travels.

If there's any hope the A-30 projects will be done in time, the later the better, though they may be done late enough in "autumn" that I'd have to cover those in a separate trip. 
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Alps

Quote from: oscar on April 06, 2012, 06:50:10 PM
Quote from: Steve on December 29, 2011, 06:35:48 PM
Ottawa, sometime over the general summer (May-September), date TBD, is the only one I am looking at (A-5, A-50 construction being the cornerstones). I would expect a Triangle Pkwy meet in NC when the new section of 540 opens.
Any update on the likely timing of an Ottawa meet?  I'm starting to work on my summer travel schedule (probably including one or two trips to Canada), and am hoping an Ottawa meet can be worked into my Canada travels.

If there's any hope the A-30 projects will be done in time, the later the better, though they may be done late enough in "autumn" that I'd have to cover those in a separate trip. 
First have to get through my next update (or next 12 updates, if only), and next vacation, before I can start to plan.

Dr Frankenstein

Last I've heard, A-30 construction is due to be finished in October, and the opening should be, as scheduled, "late fall 2012" (my guess is between mid-November and mid-December).

Regarding Ottawa, I didn't even have enough spare time to do the scouting for the meet tour, and I'll be in NYC next weekend, so it's kind of unlikely to happen over the Memorial Day Weekend... unless we improvise.

AsphaltPlanet

There are some interesting things to see and do in Ottawa, but having just driven through the City last weekend ... I don't really care if an Ottawa meet happens anytime soon.

I'll definitely be checking out Autoroute 30 once its complete later this year, but it likely won't take another Montreal meet for me to get there.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

PHLBOS

Quote from: Steve on January 24, 2012, 07:48:38 PM
Quote from: akotchi on January 24, 2012, 07:36:14 PM

Thanks, but I think I'll have it down. I'm familiar with every part except the new Parkway, and that's going to be tough to coordinate when I'm driving it the first weekend it's open.
Keep me posted regarding this particular meet.  Depending on when in September it takes place; I might be able to attend.  Note: Labor Day weekend and Sept. 13-19 are currently off-limits with respect to my schedule.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.