News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Inpromptu DC/Baltimore dinner, Monday 11/7?

Started by froggie, October 23, 2022, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Sorry for the short notice, but I'll be passing through DC the evening of Monday 11/7.  As with last time, I'm extending an open invitation for dinner to anyone who's intererested.

74/171FAN

I will not rule this out yet. It could give me an excuse to check out the I-66 HOT Lanes.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

1995hoo

I'd love to meet some folks in person, but I will be out of town on business. Thanks for the invitation, though.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

yanksfan6129

cpzilliacus

I will be there.

Thtee suggested possible venues.

1. Chef Mikkos's R Street, NW between 16th and 17th. Nordic menu.

2. Taqueria Poblano in the Del Ray area of Alexandria.

3. In the wilds of eastern Montgomery County, Pepinos in Burtonsville.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

74/171FAN

The Alexandria option would probably be best for me if I chose to attend.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

yanksfan6129

Alps

froggie

Would like to hear from the MDRoads crew and Mike Tantillo before figuring out a location.

lepidopteran

Laura

We're in! I would love to do Chef Mikko but logistically Pepino's in Burtonsville is better.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Laura on October 26, 2022, 08:46:39 AM
We're in! I would love to do Chef Mikko but logistically Pepino's in Burtonsville is better.

I would probably have to bail on I-66 if we ate anywhere in MD, but I can check out other stuff instead.  I can do I-66 on the way to my parents' house.

froggie

Someone has reached out to me that is interested, but cannot do Mexican.  I am open to other suggestions.  Thinking we should also push this later into the evening so that we avoid the worst of rush hour in getting there, especially for those coming from further away.

oscar

Pepino's in Burtonsville is Italian. That works for me.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

74/171FAN

Well it looks like now that I will be doing I-66 later this week so eating in MD should not be an issue.

froggie

Unless I hear a compelling reason otherwise, I would think Pepino's at 7pm should work.

Would like to get a head-count so I can call in a reservation.

74/171FAN

oscar

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Laura

One problem - Pepino's is closed on Mondays :(

74/171FAN

Oddly enough I just found a restaurant along MD 198 in Burtonsville called "Restaurant 198".  One of the reviews showed a potential staffing issue though.

yanksfan6129

74/171FAN

While we continue the restaurant debate, I am still likely in, but I did want to mention that I have been sick all week.  I think I am down to mainly a case of minor bronchitis, but I realize that I have not mentioned it here yet.

froggie

Much as I like the idea of Silver Diner, I don't think they'd be able to accommodate a group larger than 5-6.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Nando's Peri-Peri at their Laurel location.

froggie

If there's no objections, I'm going to go ahead with Nando's Peri Peri at their Laurel location, around 7pm.

Alps

Quote from: froggie on November 03, 2022, 10:41:58 PM
If there's no objections, I'm going to go ahead with Nando's Peri Peri at their Laurel location, around 7pm.
Cheeky.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.