News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Traffic Control / Re: Why don't option lane BGSs...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 09:29:05 PM
Quote from: gonealookin on September 15, 2023, 11:40:17 PMNevada's contribution:

Where the interchange is with a city street:
I-80 Exit 13 at Virginia Street

And a short distance east of there, the APL setup at a freeway interchange:
I-80 Exit 15 at I-580/US 395

Exits with an option lane are quite plentiful in Southern Nevada, so you can find lots of examples here too, like this one from I-15.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Minnesota Notes
Last post by TheHighwayMan3561 - Today at 09:18:57 PM
Can of Worms completion date pushed back a year, likely because of the human remains discoveries last year. The state refused to answer any questions about that subject at their update announcing the construction delays.

https://www.northernnewsnow.com/2024/04/30/twin-ports-interchange-construction-completion-date-moved-2025/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2oR-eA7VxtnlMcXX7ZMchvtpuN3828ESxRG71QjI66jLGBRpbgKVWPXFk_aem_Ab1h8eiLEawGuCWstIQ0Qx72BB4OXC6Yx9vbuHotXwdwbPrQWepPycHGngJ8OhrzVGncYJqh7VOy64Y8xZj1M5_0
General Highway Talk / Re: Highways / Signs in Movies...
Last post by Dough4872 - Today at 09:18:18 PM
I watched the movie Civil War, and they had a BGS that said I-95/I-78/GA 80 - Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and the BGS was in the Georgia style. Obviously the movie was filmed in Georgia, but they could have at least used a keystone shield. 
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by Big John - Today at 09:14:19 PM
Like Amazon Prime. If you bundle your purchases and are willing to wait a couple days, you can get free shipping without paying the prime fees.
Off-Topic / Re: How many states have a pla...
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 09:06:16 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on Today at 08:55:42 PMMexico, DF in Mexico. 

It is not Mexico City, but the City of Mexico as it's called Mexico City only to avoid ambiguity with the nation.

BTW DF is Districto Federal translated to Federal District in English. Just like the US, Mexico has states and a capital that's not in a state jurisdiction. Instead of DC it's DF, but both are districts for sake of government.

The first time I saw "D.F." on a map, I was a kid and the map didn't extend as far south as Mexico City. It cut off around Monterrey and one of the roads had an arrow next to it with the words "Mexico City D.F." As a kid, I had no idea what that meant. I concluded it must have meant "down further" because the arrow was pointing down off the bottom of the map.  :spin:
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 09:02:10 PM
Arkansas City in Kansas and Texas. :bigass:
The former is named for the Arkansas River it lies on.

Michigan City, Indiana.
Northeast / Re: NYC Congestion Pricing
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 07:17:18 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on Today at 04:40:39 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on Today at 02:56:17 PMAnd so, congestion pricing will begin in two months. There's no going back now.

I believe there is a pending case in the US District Court in Newark and that the judge has promised a ruling well in advance of June 30. So never say never.

Never.

Heh.

Last post by roadman65 - Today at 08:55:42 PM
Mexico, DF in Mexico. 

It is not Mexico City, but the City of Mexico as it's called Mexico City only to avoid ambiguity with the nation.

BTW DF is Districto Federal translated to Federal District in English. Just like the US, Mexico has states and a capital that's not in a state jurisdiction. Instead of DC it's DF, but both are districts for sake of government.
General Highway Talk / Re: State Line advertisements ...
Last post by ilpt4u - Today at 08:50:36 PM
I prefer the "opposite" signs, warnings of bootlegging when coming back into Illinois from Missouri

As seen in East Cape Girardeau after crossing the Mississippi River: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2f2kCdRFKBtnVVaE7?g_st=ic
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 08:50:09 PM
If you have spend money to save money than no money saved.  I know some people who register and buy things just so they can feel the rewards of something or save less than they spend to save the less. Then brag about saving.

People don't see the light or add figures up. Even John Tesh on his radio program said that programs that get you to save money are not a savings because you are purchasing things you wouldn't of purchased had there had been no discount program in the first place.

Example is my dad once bought a tuxedo for me despite I was only going to wear it once.  As many are aware, if you only wear a monkey suit once it pays to rent as the cost is cheaper of the sale price of owning a suit. Only if you are wearing it twice or more, than you purchase because two rental charges are more than the price of the tux. Needless to say I wore it once and never wore it again and haven't the need to wear one since 2005 the only time I wore the suit when the Knights of Columbus had a tuxedo mandate to receive the Fourth Degree. So I needed to wear one as at the time I thought it would be cool to take part in.

Of course my father lost the difference between the rental cost and the purchase price all because he thought it would be neat for me to own one. Unfortunately we all have the feeling of owning something that we don't really need to please our egos.

That is what loyalty or rewards encourage.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.