News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Named overpasses in NJ (NOT MEMORIAL NAMES)

Started by Alps, February 19, 2014, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

NJ has a handful of trumpets on Jersey freeways (i.e. with driveways) that connect the "far side"  of the freeway to a parallel road while the "near side"  has a separate connection. (If you're unclear, click the links below and you'll see exactly what I mean.) There are three named Overpasses I know of:

Here are other, similar situations. I wonder if these have names? (They're all unsigned.) Have I missed one? Are there any named ones that don't fit this description?

NE2

It's not named as an overpass, but (based on old aerials) Andrejewski Drive near South Amboy was created (and presumably named) in the 1940s solely for this purpose when US 9-NJ 35 was converted to a Jersey freeway.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jeffandnicole

Alps

roadman65

Would the one at Menlo Park Mall Count on US 1?  Remember it connects with the parking lot via an overpass also over Lafayette Avenue where the near side US 1 connects only with Lafayette.  The SB exit requires an entrance to the mall at another location along Lafayette Avenue as well.

In retrospect it is similar to the Route 46 ones but one further with the situation of parallel Lafayette Avenue being bridged as well.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Alps

Quote from: roadman65 on February 24, 2014, 04:27:29 PM
Would the one at Menlo Park Mall Count on US 1?  Remember it connects with the parking lot via an overpass also over Lafayette Avenue where the near side US 1 connects only with Lafayette.  The SB exit requires an entrance to the mall at another location along Lafayette Avenue as well.

In retrospect it is similar to the Route 46 ones but one further with the situation of parallel Lafayette Avenue being bridged as well.
I know Menlo Park Mall doesn't count because their overpass is privately built.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.