AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: "Missing" roadgeeks - where are they?  (Read 61609 times)

bugo

• The Devil has arrived!

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 08:22:28 PM
    • No Frills Blog
Re: "Missing" roadgeeks - where are they?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 06:27:18 PM »

I know Jason Pawlowski (I think I spelled that right)

"Poologsky".

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 07:00:39 PM »

Someone is suspended for a month? That's news to me.
One of your favorites.

If it's the one I think it is, that profile has not been active since late in March, and I had not noticed his absence. Which would seem odd since he's such a prolific poster. Wonder what he did to finally cross the line? (I'll accept private messages if this isn't a topic that is suitable for general discussion, although his name and his antics did come up at both Hampton Roads and Nashville and last weekend, no one seemed to notice that he was inactive).

I must not have been active in a lot og the regional boards where blawp was, because I never did see too much of his stuff.
He was like shit...highly offensive and everywhere.

For some reason he must not have bothered me, because I have no adverse memories of him.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

signalman

• It's not the destination, but the trip to/from it

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 08:49:37 PM
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:14 PM »

That's the one!  I had noticed that he hadn't posted all day on March 28 and thought it was odd.  I then saw where someone mentioned that a member was suspended (I forget who said that). From there, I put 2 and 2 together.

Galaxy S3

Takumi

• now with even more cars!

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 12:05:38 PM
    • The Practical Hoon (blog)
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »

I had noticed that he hadn't posted all day on March 28 and thought it was odd.
Same, although I wasn't going to complain. The signal-to-noise ratio of his posts had gone way down in the past few months.
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don’t @ me. Seriously.

signalman

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 07:27:46 PM »

Same, although I wasn't going to complain. The signal-to-noise ratio of his posts had gone way down in the past few months.
Oh, I wasn't complaining either.  Just explining to hb who got suspended and confirming that he guessed correctly.

getemngo

• Get a mango!

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 08:10:11 PM
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 07:30:51 PM »

In the last few weeks I've been obsessing over the forum stats and been scratching my head over the drop of posting activity in April. Mystery solved?  :hmm:
~ Sam from Michigan

Takumi

• now with even more cars!

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 12:05:38 PM
    • The Practical Hoon (blog)
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »

I don't see any difference in posting activity in April over the same time period in March. If anything it's increased. April is still only a week old, remember.
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don’t @ me. Seriously.

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »

I know Jason Pawlowski (I think I spelled that right) has tried to join numerous times but has never been successful. To me, he's certainly less offensive than a few I could name but won't.
Has he? I haven't noticed him at all. If he is, then he's either trolling every chance he gets (is he blawp?), or he's using throwaway emails with suspicious IPs and not giving a good reason for joining.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 09:53:21 PM »

I know Jason Pawlowski (I think I spelled that right) has tried to join numerous times but has never been successful. To me, he's certainly less offensive than a few I could name but won't.
Has he? I haven't noticed him at all. If he is, then he's either trolling every chance he gets (is he blawp?), or he's using throwaway emails with suspicious IPs and not giving a good reason for joining.

He's indicated several times on MTR that he has. I don't know what IPs would be considered suspicious. Do you go by ranges or individual IPs that cause problems?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

J N Winkler

• Last Login: Today at 12:24:34 AM
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2014, 10:35:19 PM »

Jason Pawloski's last comment on MTR (in relation to the AARoads forum) was "It sucks," so I suspect lack of interest is the more relevant factor.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 07:40:42 AM »

Dammit you guys, I dreamt blawp was back and I had to ban a new IP of his.

Brandon

• Stop making sense

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:52:25 PM
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »

One of your favorites.

Not who I think it is, is it?   :-D

I must not have been active in a lot og the regional boards where blawp was, because I never did see too much of his stuff.
He was like shit...highly offensive and everywhere.

Pooing, in blawp's case, was not cool.

He also had a tendency to get very pissy when someone had a problem with the way CalTrans did things.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Brandon

• Stop making sense

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »

One of your favorites.

If it's the one I think it is, that profile has not been active since late in March, and I had not noticed his absence. Which would seem odd since he's such a prolific poster. Wonder what he did to finally cross the line? (I'll accept private messages if this isn't a topic that is suitable for general discussion, although his name and his antics did come up at both Hampton Roads and Nashville and last weekend, no one seemed to notice that he was inactive).

That one did a few things, including the use of a verboten term just prior to the lack of activity.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

signalman

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 12:50:19 PM »

He also had a tendency to get very pissy when someone had a problem with the way CalTrans did things.
Yeah, I seem to remember him being very defensive of CalTrans and their way of doing things.  I had forgotten about that until you brought it up.

signalman

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 12:54:23 PM »

One of your favorites.

That one did a few things, including the use of a verboten term just prior to the lack of activity.
I too was wondering what he did or said in order to get suspended.  His posts and antics can be a bit out of line at times.  Although, I admit that I have no personal beef with him.  He's never attacked me.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: April 26, 2021, 12:13:44 PM
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 01:13:07 PM »

I'm curious about this too. Does anyone want to shed some light on what exactly he did to get suspended? I thought it was some planned April Fools joke. (I know who this is, and I have absolutely no beef with him - I actually respect him highly, because he seems to be so knowledgeable.)

I too was wondering what he did or said in order to get suspended.  His posts and antics can be a bit out of line at times.  Although, I admit that I have no personal beef with him.  He's never attacked me.

He brings (dark) humor to these forums. Sometimes, it can cross the line. But I'm not sure how one does that.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

getemngo

• Get a mango!

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 08:10:11 PM
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 02:41:42 PM »

Probably no one who knows what happened wants to post about it, in case the mods don't want it to be public. But since Brandon already hinted at what happened... censor away, mods!

My understanding, since I happened to be online that afternoon, is that he was repeatedly calling forum members an offensive name, trolling the chatroom (getting kicked from it over and over and over in the same afternoon), and making spammy forum posts about what was happening in the chat.

I have no personal issue with him either, and I like the info he brings and the research he does. But at the same time, I have to agree with Takumi:

The signal-to-noise ratio of his posts had gone way down in the past few months.
~ Sam from Michigan

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• Last Login: November 21, 2016, 09:58:39 AM
    • AARoads Shield Gallery
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 03:11:44 PM »

Sometimes, it can cross the line. But I'm not sure how one does that.

yep, that's what got our mystery poster suspended.  let's just say he referred to one of our admins as a member of the political movement most generally associated with a particular German state from the previous century. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• AARoads Shield Gallery
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »

also the whole persona of "woman-objectifying misanthrope who desperately wants to find someone to fuck" didn't go over well with many.

jake@aaroads.com

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: April 26, 2021, 12:13:44 PM
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »

yep, that's what got our mystery poster suspended.  let's just say he referred to one of our admins as a member of the political movement most generally associated with a particular German state from the previous century.

Oh. Well then...
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Brandon

• Stop making sense

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »

Sometimes, it can cross the line. But I'm not sure how one does that.

Sounds like his style, or lack thereof.  I thought the whole n-word thing was rather over the top as it was.

J N Winkler

• Last Login: Today at 12:24:34 AM
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »

He called him a Spartacist?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Brandon

• Stop making sense

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »

I would've thought "Stasi", but that's the former East German Secret Police.

Grzrd

• Interested Observer

• Last Login: August 27, 2020, 03:56:45 PM
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 04:20:18 PM »

Weimaraner came to mind, but I guess that would be viewed as more of a canine insult.

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• AARoads Shield Gallery
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »

yeah, effectively.  it was even a play on said admin's given name.  like calling someone JN Stinkler, if that were a political persuasion, as opposed to a probable cartoon skunk.

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.