AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: "Missing" roadgeeks - where are they?  (Read 61613 times)

sammi

• Software Developer, Sign Designer

• Last Login: December 27, 2022, 11:52:09 PM
    • SammDOT (under construction)
Re: "Missing" roadgeeks - where are they?
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »

it was even a play on said admin's given name.
You mean last name? I actually thought that was his name too, until that night in chat.

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• Last Login: November 21, 2016, 09:58:39 AM
    • AARoads Shield Gallery
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2014, 04:53:18 PM »

it was even a play on said admin's given name.
You mean last name? I actually thought that was his name too, until that night in chat.

yes, good catch.  I was gonna say "biological name" but then I realized that would be an unwieldy sequence of A, T, G and C.  but I needed something to differentiate from "online handle" and I chose the wrong term.  family name, I suppose.

and yes, the admin known as "BertK4115" (name changed for privacy) really does have a first name of Bert, a last name beginning with K, and his credit card number ends in 4115.  PM me for the first twelve digits and the expiration date.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

mass_citizen

• Last Login: February 08, 2022, 11:09:21 PM
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2014, 04:55:28 PM »

if i'm reading correctly it would seem 2 members have been banned? one for a month and one permanently? as for the bi-polar user of recent conversation I looked at his recent posts prior to his ban on march 27 and it seems like he actually does contribute some good info. im assuming his offensive posts were deleted of course. strange all of a sudden one day he'd wake up and spew off like that. maybe having a bad day who knows. maybe this ban will make him realize he can't do stuff like that and he can come back and act normal.

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• AARoads Shield Gallery
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »

if i'm reading correctly it would seem 2 members have been banned? one for a month and one permanently? as for the bi-polar user of recent conversation I looked at his recent posts prior to his ban on march 27 and it seems like he actually does contribute some good info. im assuming his offensive posts were deleted of course. strange all of a sudden one day he'd wake up and spew off like that. maybe having a bad day who knows. maybe this ban will make him realize he can't do stuff like that and he can come back and act normal.

no, just one.  banned indefinitely.  in 6 months he can apply for reinstatement.

jake@aaroads.com

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 03:14:22 AM
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

I have no beef with the one who was suspended personally as he is knowledgeable about roads except when he lashes out like when I first joined and I made the statement of our local toll road agency, who added another toll plaza along FL 528 in Eastern Orange County that is a total rural area just after they consolidated another toll plaza nearby by demolishing it and charging the difference at another plaza to keep FL 528 an open road with limited stops.

I mentioned a suggestion made by a local radio show talent (who happens to be part of the stereotyped American talk radio) and he freaked out!  He was implying that the existence of toll roads in Central Florida is part of the Democrat verses Republican propaganda locally in our area when in fact it is not!  There is no partisan debate over the existence of toll roads in Central Florida whatsoever as both types of thinkers hate the toll roads and everyone  in the Orlando area pretty much wants them either lowered in fares or abolished completely!  Yet he made it sound like his Liberal thinking and others like Obama, Bill Maher, Alec Baldwin, Buddy Dyer (our Democrat Mayor of Orlando) believe that toll roads staying are their platform and that all Republicans oppose them and there has been an ongoing war about it.

Then I said the jughandles on NJ 35 and Laurence Parkway in Old Bridge Township, NJ was dumb and he right out said my posts on here were dumb only one week on this forum and unaware who I was at the time.   Then later on I made a statement about Tampa Bay getting better funding for roads than the Orlando area, and he lashed out saying that US 19 has no relief route like SR 50 does followed by a name calling of severity.  It was not a comparison between the two routes he suggested, but pointing out basic politics between two metro areas, but he made it out to be me debating two major arteries specifically.

Anyway, he may have good knowledge, but his respect for fellow humans with his attacks on character and on personal views leaves a lot to be desired.    Plus the fact after hearing what he does for a living (which I cannot say for its hearsay) and if its true than he should be most humble and not brag how smart he is!   I guess maybe I have a problem with him after all, but when he does give good knowledge to me I appreciate him still regardless of my feelings toward his mistakes.  I was raised Catholic and am told to forgive, so I still tolerate (even though I want to scream at times with his remarks) him and be respectful to him as fellow man.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

sammi

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2014, 05:04:22 PM »

and yes, the admin known as "BertK4115" [...]
None of the admins have usernames that quite fit this pattern. SteveG1988 is the only one that comes to mind. :sombrero:
(I know which admin this is though.)

Also, I think blawp was the other one mass_citizen was referring to.

mass_citizen

• Last Login: February 08, 2022, 11:09:21 PM
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »

and yes, the admin known as "BertK4115" [...]
None of the admins have usernames that quite fit this pattern. SteveG1988 is the only one that comes to mind. :sombrero:
(I know which admin this is though.)

ahh ok maybe that's who was referred to earlier. I was under the impression it was 2 recent bans, not just the one.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: April 26, 2021, 12:13:44 PM
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »

I've never used chat once (shame on me, right?), but I know who 'Bert' is, and I can guess with certainty what our mystery poster said to get him banned. (Now that I think about it, I remember reading a topic in the Offtopic forum made by our poster and I couldn't figure what the meaning was... well, now I know.)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2014, 05:37:42 PM »

Meanwhile, come chat with us!

Brandon

• Stop making sense

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:52:25 PM
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2014, 05:40:22 PM »

Zeffy, I think he was just given a "time out", not a full ban, but my information may not be correct.

When do people usually chat around here anyway?  I've yet to do so.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

sammi

« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2014, 06:25:37 PM »

When do people usually chat around here anyway?  I've yet to do so.
Some of us are usually there around ~6pm, it's most active around 9~11pm, and pretty much everyone is gone around 1~2am. Most of us are in Eastern time, but most of the time there's also corco and Molandfreak.

Takumi

• now with even more cars!

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 12:05:38 PM
    • The Practical Hoon (blog)
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

Zeffy, I think he was just given a "time out", not a full ban, but my information may not be correct.

banned indefinitely.  in 6 months he can apply for reinstatement.
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don’t @ me. Seriously.

Brandon

• Stop making sense

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »

Ah, then I was mistaken.  I know that he had gotten time outs before.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 08:15:34 PM »

Ah, then I was mistaken.  I know that he had gotten time outs before.
It's one month, not 6.

roadman65

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2014, 08:28:14 PM »

Then this means that the 13 year old kid that once plagued some of the members here a few years back stayed off on his own.  He has not been back as his main name Ethanman8675309 (or whatever his number was) has not returned as of yet.

Sheryl Crowe

Molandfreak

• Last Login: Today at 03:50:35 AM
    • Instagram
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 08:35:34 PM »

Then this means that the 13 year old kid that once plagued some of the members here a few years back stayed off on his own.  He has not been back as his main name Ethanman8675309 (or whatever his number was) has not returned as of yet.
what
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 08:46:45 PM »

what
yawn

roadman65

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2014, 09:36:42 PM »

Oh for those of you who were not here a few years back we had a 13 year old kid on here who used to ask a lot of silly questions.  He was banned for something and he never came back since.  Many were glad, of that ,as from what I read from the conversations this Ethanman took part of, the other users were weary and were telling him to use google to research the many questions he asked.

He got banned just a month or so after I joined, so I never got the experience to really deal with him first hand, but ask a lot of old timers here and they can tell you about him. 

BTW, Steve I thought you would be the one to comment about him instead of the line your buddy uses when its been talked about before.   As far as I have seen no one mentioned the 85 mph kid in a long while so its not trivial as you are suggesting.

Sheryl Crowe

Molandfreak

• Last Login: Today at 03:50:35 AM
    • Instagram
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 09:38:52 PM »

The point of my "what" was that you changed the subject from being about one person to an entirely different matter, not that I don't know who Ethanman is...
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Brandon

• Stop making sense

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »

Dude, Ethanman was strange, barely funny, not worthy of The Alan 360, and certainly what we were not talking about.

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2014, 09:44:48 PM »

So...

Where's Lachlan Sims?

vtk

• she/her or they/them

• Last Login: March 02, 2024, 12:35:28 PM
    • vid the kid . info
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2014, 01:03:56 AM »

I like to think Kristin would be a well-behaved and well-liked member of the forum were she still alive…
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• AARoads Shield Gallery
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »

ahh ok maybe that's who was referred to earlier. I was under the impression it was 2 recent bans, not just the one.

Blawp has been banned for years... he just has pseudos pop up on occasion, that need to have their bans affirmed.

jake@aaroads.com

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• AARoads Shield Gallery
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »

It's one month, not 6.

I stand corrected.  I reread the Super Secret Admin Forum Discussion and the information presented in this thread is now accurate.

except for Bert Spartacus's real name.  it's actually Thomas Hatlerstick, so you can see where one can make a small change and turn it into something not polite. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:23:50 PM by agentsteel53 »

jake@aaroads.com

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »

OK, now I'm corn-fused.

It's easy to see now who's sitting in the corner in time-out, which I know has to be difficult for a certain mod who's a long-time personal friend of the offender. However, I'm clueless as to who "Bert" is.

Which leads me to something I've mentioned before. A lot of us know each other personally, but a lot of us don't. There are probably some people here with whom I've corresponded before, or maybe even have met, but do not know here on the forum because I don't have a real name to put to a forum user name. I don't know if Scott Kozel is here anymore or not, but he was here for a long time before I figured out what name he was using here. It also took me ages to figure out that the one currently in time-out had a name by which he was better known on MTR. Likewise for Anthony C's user name, which to me would indicate that he attended the same college as Christian Laettner.  :-D

If NE2 got suspended for calling someone a Nazi, well at some point I'm sure I will get the BANanahammer, because I've been known to refer to the zealots who want to ban all cell phone use by drivers as "cell phone Nazis." If that particular N-word is verboten, please let us all know now so we will be aware of the line and not cross it.

For what it's worth, I've made a conscious effort not to take his bait in recent months, especially when he veers off-topic.

I know blawp and Ethanman are banished, but I figured the only one with a permanent ban was V'ger.

Jason Pawloski's last comment on MTR (in relation to the AARoads forum) was "It sucks," so I suspect lack of interest is the more relevant factor.

Because he wasn't able to get in, I suppose, was his reasoning for that post. I would post the "registration problems" board link on MTR for him to see, but that would require me logging out since members can't see that board.  :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:29:48 PM by hbelkins »

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.