AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: New to the Site!  (Read 8642 times)

adventurernumber1

• David Carson

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 05:34:35 PM
Re: New to the Site!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:05 PM »

Hello Everyone!

My name is Owen and I am from Indiana. I have been obsessed with maps since I was very young, and even had most of the world's capitols memorized. These days I draw my own maps in my free time as well as study local maps and routes, and research updates on I-69 and Midstate Corridor developments.

I was super excited to find this site filled with people as excited as I am that know even more than I do about this wonderful road-trip nation's transportation systems! (and even more excited to see that it is still being used - most others I have found to be completely outdated and forgotten about).

Anyways, I am super pumped to be here and can't wait to hear more about road developments around the country and maybe learn a few things. Feel free to message me!

Welcome from northwest Georgia!!  :wave:

I draw a lot of maps and love searching up road projects as well. I’ve also been very interested in this stuff practically my whole life.

I’ve been through Indiana one time in July 2012 - on I-65 all the way through the state on a trip to Chicago. I found especially fascinating the stretch of I-65 northwest of Indianapolis with all of the wind turbines. I hope to return to the state again more in the future.

I am looking forward to seeing you around on the forum!  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

royo6022

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 05:19:58 PM
Re: New to the Site!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2019, 09:44:34 AM »

Hello Everyone!

My name is Owen and I am from Indiana. I have been obsessed with maps since I was very young, and even had most of the world's capitols memorized. These days I draw my own maps in my free time as well as study local maps and routes, and research updates on I-69 and Midstate Corridor developments.

I was super excited to find this site filled with people as excited as I am that know even more than I do about this wonderful road-trip nation's transportation systems! (and even more excited to see that it is still being used - most others I have found to be completely outdated and forgotten about).

Anyways, I am super pumped to be here and can't wait to hear more about road developments around the country and maybe learn a few things. Feel free to message me!

Welcome from northwest Georgia!!  :wave:

I draw a lot of maps and love searching up road projects as well. I’ve also been very interested in this stuff practically my whole life.

I’ve been through Indiana one time in July 2012 - on I-65 all the way through the state on a trip to Chicago. I found especially fascinating the stretch of I-65 northwest of Indianapolis with all of the wind turbines. I hope to return to the state again more in the future.

I am looking forward to seeing you around on the forum!  :nod:

I know exactly what you are talking about - if you travel north up US-41 from the far west side of Indiana, you can see those wind turbines for what looks like forever... There are some really cool little towns up that way, but the terrain kind of reminds me of Kansas because where the turbines are, its flat plains and grassy fields as far as the eye can see

...until you reach Chicago that is
2d Interstates traveled: 4, 10, 15, 39, 40, 44, 57, 64, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 88, 90, 94, 95

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.