AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Howdy AARoads, after roughly 5 years!  (Read 4173 times)

BigMattFromTexas

• Livin' life in Texas!

• Last Login: March 01, 2024, 06:13:53 PM
Howdy AARoads, after roughly 5 years!
« on: March 06, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »

Hey y'all, not sure how many remember me. I posted frequently throughout my 8th grade and high school years (2009-2013), then went to college in 2014. Many of you probably remember the dumb kid version of BigMatt; I've since experienced and graduated from college, and am married, a lot of changes! In fact I've looked through my post history and it's been quite cringe-worthy.

A bit of background, I've been at Stephen F. Austin State University (yes, we beat Duke :spin: ) studying forestry, and graduated this past December. I still live in East Texas, so I have a front row seat to the I-69 extension happening right here in Nacogdoches!

I look to become more active on the forum again, and contribute some new illustrations I'm planning as well as continuing to display my fictional city "Tyson" which has undergone a lot of different changes. With a one-year free trial of ArcGIS and experience using it, I plan to produce some decent quality maps!

kevinb1994

• Last Login: March 20, 2023, 11:58:31 PM
Re: Howdy AARoads, after roughly 5 years!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:22:50 PM »

Hey y'all, not sure how many remember me. I posted frequently throughout my 8th grade and high school years (2009-2013), then went to college in 2014. Many of you probably remember the dumb kid version of BigMatt; I've since experienced and graduated from college, and am married, a lot of changes! In fact I've looked through my post history and it's been quite cringe-worthy.

A bit of background, I've been at Stephen F. Austin State University (yes, we beat Duke :spin: ) studying forestry, and graduated this past December. I still live in East Texas, so I have a front row seat to the I-69 extension happening right here in Nacogdoches!

I look to become more active on the forum again, and contribute some new illustrations I'm planning as well as continuing to display my fictional city "Tyson" which has undergone a lot of different changes. With a one-year free trial of ArcGIS and experience using it, I plan to produce some decent quality maps!
Welcome back! I wasn’t on the forum then. I’ve since moved from the Princeton-Rutgers area of North Jersey to JAX. You should maybe take a look at visiting Tyson’s Corner in Northern Virginia which is where a fair amount of roadgeeks have been or live(d).

J N Winkler

• Last Login: Today at 09:59:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 01:10:18 AM »

Welcome back, and congratulations!  Those are some key milestones you have passed.

I see what you mean by your post history as a snapshot of your younger self, but I think it is one you can be proud of.  Even those of us who are older have changed somewhat in the past five years.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

ozarkman417

• The "Living, breathing GPS".

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:52:44 PM
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 10:19:07 PM »

Welcome back from someone who is right in the middle of high school. Class of '22.

webny99

• Last Login: Today at 09:59:23 PM
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 07:48:38 PM »

Welcome back!
I did somewhat of the opposite of what you did, joining in 2017, during my senior year of high school.

I think everyone who joined at 20 or younger has some things in their post history that they're probably not proud of (me included) so no worries there.  :meh:
See you around the forum!

adventurernumber1

• David Carson

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 05:34:35 PM
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 11:46:34 PM »

Welcome back!  :wave:

I recognize your username from reading threads and posts from the early days of the forum, although I myself have only been here since 2014.

Looking back at some of my own older posts (I joined when I was 14 years old) could definitely induce a hefty cringe-fest.  :-D

I’m glad to hear everything is going well, and I look forward to seeing you around on the forum!  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.