AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Hello from Colorado!  (Read 4145 times)

vsaharan

• Last Login: October 03, 2022, 03:12:41 AM
Hello from Colorado!
« on: November 11, 2020, 10:31:33 PM »

Hi there! My name is Vishesh (Vi-shay-sh) and I've lowkey been a roadgeek since I was a kid, but am now just coming to manifest it. I am originally from Michigan, but moved to Colorado in 2019 for work in the medical aviation industry. 2020 has forced me to be more alone than I ever thought possible, and what initially was just a couple of drives in the mountains to pass time and see something new has turned into the defining hobby of the year, and something that I look forward to doing every opportunity possible. I've always been fond of anything geography from being a huge avgeek to spending hours playing on Google Maps instead of doing homework (sorry not sorry), so it was just a matter of time and location before this was going to happen, but I am soooo happy to have found this group and excited to be posting this. Whether it's going up a pass through the Rocky Mountains, being right along the Great Lakes, or rolling down the hills of the high plains, there's something magical about just you, your car, and your music through sparsely populated, sublime scenery, and I would like to continue to learn and explore more of what this beautiful country has to offer.

Some of my favorite drives include CO159 through the San Luis Valley, MI22 through the Leelanau Peninsula, and UT128 down to Moab. My other hobbies include playing basketball and volleyball, watching the major sports leagues in the US, hiking, cooking, and nonfiction/historical reading.

Thanks for reading this and hope to meet some fellow roadgeeks/geography buffs and fellow members who have a history with Michigan or Colorado!

M3100

• Last Login: March 07, 2024, 07:41:19 PM
Re: Hello from Colorado!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 12:21:55 AM »

Welcome from So Cal. 

I've made several trips to Colorado over the years, most recently in 2019.  Can't say the same for Michigan; that will be some time in the future.

• Last Login: Today at 05:40:54 AM
    • Flickr account
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 06:02:46 AM »

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

SectorZ

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 06:05:46 PM
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 07:56:15 AM »

Welcome from Massachusetts.

ozarkman417

• The "Living, breathing GPS".

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:52:44 PM
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 11:30:11 AM »

Greetings from Southwest Missouri!  :wave:

zzcarp

• Last Login: March 14, 2024, 10:10:00 PM
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »

Welcome from Westminster, Colorado! Great call on UT 128 being a favorite road. I haven't spent much time in the San Luis Valley, and I'll have to try that CO 159 trip soon.

Being from Ohio originally, I have plenty of Michigan memories. The Mackinac Bridge is still my favorite bridge, and I've passed through Michigan every year of my life (except for this year due to the government response to COVID) visiting relatives in Ontario east of Sault Ste Marie.
So many miles and so many roads

US 89

• Your friendly neighborhood meteorologist

• Last Login: February 23, 2024, 09:23:28 AM
    • Utah Highways
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 07:46:05 PM »

Welcome from Atlanta! I'm originally from Salt Lake City and have several family and friends in the Denver area, so I've seen quite a bit of the western half of Colorado through the years. Still haven't made it to 128 or the San Luis Valley, but both are on my list of places I need to get to.

zachary_amaryllis

• Stop pouring stuff on my town.

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 04:29:23 PM
    • Blog of random weirdness
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 09:39:19 PM »

Hi there! My name is Vishesh (Vi-shay-sh) and I've lowkey been a roadgeek since I was a kid, but am now just coming to manifest it. I am originally from Michigan, but moved to Colorado in 2019 for work in the medical aviation industry. 2020 has forced me to be more alone than I ever thought possible, and what initially was just a couple of drives in the mountains to pass time and see something new has turned into the defining hobby of the year, and something that I look forward to doing every opportunity possible. I've always been fond of anything geography from being a huge avgeek to spending hours playing on Google Maps instead of doing homework (sorry not sorry), so it was just a matter of time and location before this was going to happen, but I am soooo happy to have found this group and excited to be posting this. Whether it's going up a pass through the Rocky Mountains, being right along the Great Lakes, or rolling down the hills of the high plains, there's something magical about just you, your car, and your music through sparsely populated, sublime scenery, and I would like to continue to learn and explore more of what this beautiful country has to offer.

Some of my favorite drives include CO159 through the San Luis Valley, MI22 through the Leelanau Peninsula, and UT128 down to Moab. My other hobbies include playing basketball and volleyball, watching the major sports leagues in the US, hiking, cooking, and nonfiction/historical reading.

Thanks for reading this and hope to meet some fellow roadgeeks/geography buffs and fellow members who have a history with Michigan or Colorado!

i am also a (northern) colorado guy. i also lived in muskegon, mi for a short time, and in the hampton roads area of va when i was a kid..

run, there's still time!!

nah.. these guys are cool... and knowledgable.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

thspfc

• Last Login: Today at 12:25:00 AM
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 07:27:57 PM »

Hello from Wisconsin. I have spent a lot of time in Colorado, though I have never lived there. So I am pretty familiar with the state's roads.

Roadgeekteen

• Limon should not be a control city

• Last Login: February 01, 2024, 11:41:55 AM
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 12:20:09 AM »

Greetings!
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.