AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Third times a charm?  (Read 13998 times)

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: April 26, 2021, 12:13:44 PM
Third times a charm?
« on: March 25, 2021, 09:29:27 AM »

Good grief, I can't believe I'm posting another one of these welcome threads.

Anyways, from what I remember, I posted another thread about 2 years ago. Then I disappeared. I'm posting another one now because if I could begin to tell you guys how many things have changed since that welcome post, I'd need to write a novel. But I'm back, hopefully I'll be able to stick around more.

Last year was, to put it lightly, probably the worst year I've had in my life. This year has only been marginally better. Unfortunately, my stubbornness to fix my mental health problems in the past came around last year and bit me HARD in the rear end. Honestly, it sucks. I'm coming back because I need ways to keep myself busy and honestly I miss interacting with this place. Also, since I'm working from home indefinitely now, it's a good way to pass free time.

It seems so foreign to me that I've been a member of this site for 8 years now. I'm glad to see many familiar names are still active as ever on this forum.

But anyways, I'm just glad to be back here. I have lots of catching up to do, that's for sure!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

kevinb1994

• Last Login: March 20, 2023, 11:58:31 PM
Re: Third times a charm?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 09:33:58 AM »

Good grief, I can't believe I'm posting another one of these welcome threads.

Anyways, from what I remember, I posted another thread about 2 years ago. Then I disappeared. I'm posting another one now because if I could begin to tell you guys how many things have changed since that welcome post, I'd need to write a novel. But I'm back, hopefully I'll be able to stick around more.

Last year was, to put it lightly, probably the worst year I've had in my life. This year has only been marginally better. Unfortunately, my stubbornness to fix my mental health problems in the past came around last year and bit me HARD in the rear end. Honestly, it sucks. I'm coming back because I need ways to keep myself busy and honestly I miss interacting with this place. Also, since I'm working from home indefinitely now, it's a good way to pass free time.

It seems so foreign to me that I've been a member of this site for 8 years now. I'm glad to see many familiar names are still active as ever on this forum.

But anyways, I'm just glad to be back here. I have lots of catching up to do, that's for sure!
Welcome back!

JoePCool14

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 09:54:48 PM
    • My TravelMapping stats
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 09:34:09 AM »

The legend has returned! Welcome back once more. You gotta hit up the Redesign this thread and get that going again. ;-)

And I hope this year does turn around for you. Hopefully we here can help give you something to take your mind off of whatever's troubling you.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 55+ Clinches | 225+ Traveled | 7000+ Miles Logged

webny99

• Last Login: Today at 12:57:15 AM
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 09:48:34 AM »

Welcome back! I don't think we've been around at the same time much (I joined in 2017), but I'm always glad to see long-time members that have "disappeared" re-surface in some capacity.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 09:56:19 AM »

The legend has returned! Welcome back once more. You gotta hit up the Redesign this thread and get that going again. ;-)

And I hope this year does turn around for you. Hopefully we here can help give you something to take your mind off of whatever's troubling you.

I haven't made a sign in a hot minute to be honest. That being said, I still have all the tools to do so - I just probably need to re-orient myself a bit!

Welcome back! I don't think we've been around at the same time much (I joined in 2017), but I'm always glad to see long-time members that have "disappeared" re-surface in some capacity.

Your name looks familiar, so I think we interacted somewhat before!

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

74/171FAN

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:01:22 PM
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 10:22:22 AM »

You are not alone on that.  However, I am glad to be working from home and not having to hear all of the office gossip all day.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 12:44:16 AM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 10:40:27 AM »

You are not alone on that.  However, I am glad to be working from home and not having to hear all of the office gossip all day.

We actually do have a Worst Year/Best Year thread that got going after 2020:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=28243.msg2562248#msg2562248

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 10:46:16 AM »

I enjoy working from home cause it's super comfortable to not have to get out of sweatpants and shorts, but I also feel like I don't have separation from my work and play/sleep space anymore. My office is my room, because that's the only space I have for it. Can't lie, the social interaction from the office gave me the minimum amount of social interaction I needed with people that aren't my family!

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:31:10 PM
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 10:55:33 AM »

Welcome back!

I also feel like I don't have separation from my work and play/sleep space anymore. My office is my room, because that's the only space I have for it. Can't lie, the social interaction from the office gave me the minimum amount of social interaction I needed with people that aren't my family!

Well, now maybe that can be us.  You know, for better or worse...   :)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 11:03:47 AM »

Welcome back!

I also feel like I don't have separation from my work and play/sleep space anymore. My office is my room, because that's the only space I have for it. Can't lie, the social interaction from the office gave me the minimum amount of social interaction I needed with people that aren't my family!

Well, now maybe that can be us.  You know, for better or worse...   :)

This place has good vibes so I think it'd definitely be the former. One can hope at least!  :sombrero:

kurumi

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:06:26 PM
    • kurumi.com
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 12:03:41 PM »

Welcome back!
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

SkyPesos

• I-80E to NYC, not Clarion, Dubois, Bloomsburg, etc

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 08:49:30 PM
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 12:07:25 PM »

I haven't been posting on the forum for that long, unlike most upthread, but welcome back!

froggie

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:08:21 PM
    • Froggie's Place
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 12:25:31 PM »

I presume this means we can look forward to more sign mockups? (this isn't a bad thing)

Been awhile since you've added to that category.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 12:57:16 PM »

I presume this means we can look forward to more sign mockups? (this isn't a bad thing)

Been awhile since you've added to that category.

It has been a long while - I'm definitely up for it though. Got everything right where I left it!

Roadgeekteen

• Limon should not be a control city

• Last Login: February 01, 2024, 11:41:55 AM
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 05:43:16 PM »

Welcome back! Do you still remember me (you were most active before I joined)? I also come and go from the forum too.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ozarkman417

• The "Living, breathing GPS".

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:52:44 PM
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »

Welcome back! I joined this forum about one and a half years ago, sometime between this welcome and your previous one. I have found your sign making tools to be very helpful, I've finally started to make (decent) one of my own recently.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2021, 07:15:36 PM »

Welcome back! Do you still remember me (you were most active before I joined)? I also come and go from the forum too.

Your name looks to ring a bell at least from my memories.

Welcome back! I joined this forum about one and a half years ago, sometime between this welcome and your previous one. I have found your sign making tools to be very helpful, I've finally started to make (decent) one of my own recently.

Glad to hear! I know those are super outdated, but I find they still get the job done for most things.

tolbs17

• Last Login: March 31, 2022, 07:24:24 PM
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2021, 10:47:12 PM »

Welcome back bro! It's a shame that I didn't know you then cause I wasn't on this forum back then so it's nice to meet you!

andrepoiy

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:29:14 PM
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 07:10:57 PM »

Hello again. I came to this forum from UD on Roblox, via you, hahaha
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 07:14:41 PM by andrepoiy »

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2021, 07:36:48 PM »

Hello again. I came to this forum from UD on Roblox, via you, hahaha

Gotta wonder how many Robloxians still visit this forum lol

tolbs17

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 08:14:39 PM »

I have a question. I'm thinking you used to be a moderator before. Was that right?

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:41:17 PM
    • Flickr account
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 08:16:14 PM »

I have a question. I'm thinking you used to be a moderator before. Was that right?

Site contributor, but not a moderator.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

tolbs17

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 08:22:23 PM »

Site contributor, but not a moderator.
But he did lock and move threads.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2021, 12:31:24 PM »

I can't remember what my position was a few years back. That's how bad my memory has gotten. It was global mod-ish I think.

ozarkman417

• The "Living, breathing GPS".

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:52:44 PM
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2021, 01:19:10 PM »

I can't remember what my position was a few years back. That's how bad my memory has gotten. It was global mod-ish I think.

Yes- You were Global Mod. Maybe your memory isn't as bad as you thought. I joined here in 2019, so I wouldn't have known that if it were not for the wayback machine, from 2015:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.