AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Hello from Steel City!!  (Read 3831 times)

Breadman17

• Last Login: September 22, 2023, 07:11:44 PM
    • 46876 Miles
Hello from Steel City!!
« on: September 02, 2021, 08:56:53 AM »

Hey!!! I just realized what this board is for so Ima introduce myself!

I’m Brennan! I’m 17 almost 18 years old and I’ve always loved roads, but I just realized it when I turned 16 and got my learners permit. I know Pittsburgh’s road system by heart, I dont need a GPS to figure out where to go and all my friends are impressed by that for some reason. Because my school gave us iPads, I purchased an Apple Pencil and began to spend all my time drawing interchanges, maps, and improvements to already existing roads. My notability app has over 1000 notes in it, at least half of which are road related. I also have a whole standardized freeway system in my friends Minecraft server, which I’ve been working on for almost a year as of today. I even used the system as a project for school and I earned a 100% on my project for it. I plan to go to school out fo state for civil engineering, and my ultimate dream is to solve, as much as I can, LA’s major traffic problem.

I have a website, It’s only a google sites for now because I dont have the money nor the skill to get a real website with my own domain name and fancy stuff like that up and running, but it’ll work for now. I post all of my road pictures here. I’s mostly signs (especially button copy when I can find them, but they’re super rare nowadays), but I do put a couple other road related things there such as pretty scenery, weird striping, unfinished roads etc. I also have an instagram as an auxiliary to the website.

You can find it here: https://sites.google.com/view/46876miles/

I’m super happy to be a part of this community!
ASU or bust!!!

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:41:17 PM
    • Flickr account
Re: Hello from Steel City!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 08:58:02 AM »

Welcome from Massachusetts! I also play Minecraft, although not nearly as much recently because it uses so much battery.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kevinb1994

• Last Login: March 20, 2023, 11:58:31 PM
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 10:50:16 AM »

Welcome from Florida!

SkyPesos

• I-80E to NYC, not Clarion, Dubois, Bloomsburg, etc

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 08:49:30 PM
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »

Welcome from West Lafayette, IN! Nice to see more younger roadgeeks like me and a few others here.

I went to Pittsburgh about 2 months ago, and was fascinated by the roads there! Especially I-376, with the two tunnels, and the EB approach to downtown from the Fort Pitt Tunnel. Something interesting about I-376: it got renumbered a lot of times in the past, and some former numbers that were used on the portion of I-376 between I-79 and Downtown are I-70, I-76, I-79 and I-279. I'm in college planning to study civil (transportation) engineering right now.

US 89

• Your friendly neighborhood meteorologist

• Last Login: February 23, 2024, 09:23:28 AM
    • Utah Highways
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 12:41:17 PM »

I think you've found the right place. Welcome!

Pittsburgh is probably at the top of my list of "places I've never been that I really want to go to". My brother is applying to Carnegie Mellon this fall, so if he gets in and decides to go there I might finally get my wish.

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: February 20, 2024, 02:36:56 PM
    • AARoads
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 08:42:25 AM »

Welcome to the board!

Took a look around your site for a bit this morning. Your coverage is similar to a lot of the content I have been adding to AARoads over the last year or so, a number of photos with a caption or two. So I can appreciate that.

The lane striping you checked out on the future section of PA Turnpike 576 is thermoplastic. That's routinely used nationwide.

The guide signs for Exit 84B on I-376 with the missing space have been like that since at least 2001. Maybe someone here knows what was posted there before?

Roadgeekteen

• Limon should not be a control city

• Last Login: February 01, 2024, 11:41:55 AM
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 11:27:19 AM »

Welcome!
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ozarkman417

• The "Living, breathing GPS".

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:52:44 PM
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 11:22:10 AM »

Welcome from Southwest Missouri!

I am also 17 going on 18 (in about a month), and recently started my senior year of high school.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.