News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

"Nothin' works as haaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrd...as a Stihl!"

Started by bandit957, August 12, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone else remember this commercial jingle from the 1980s? Everyone says I'm just making it up, and I can't find it on YouTube at all.

It was for Stihl chainsaws and aired frequently during sporting events on TV.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jon daly

I'm sure it exists; just like the "Raise your hood to Amalie" radio jingle for Amalie motor oil. I can't find that one, but I know that I heard it on Red Sox radio broadcasts 35 years ago or so.

abefroman329

abefroman329

Quote from: bandit957 on August 12, 2018, 05:30:58 PM
Anyone else remember this commercial jingle from the 1980s? Everyone says I'm just making it up, and I can't find it on YouTube at all.

It was for Stihl chainsaws and aired frequently during sporting events on TV.
Have you ever gone to fuzzymemories.tv? With all the questions you ask about old commercial jingles, I think it would really be in your wheelhouse.

Beltway

http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

slorydn1

I don't remember this exact commercial, no. But I do remember the 90's radio commercials (mainly on the John Boy and Billy Show) where the tag line was "A real deal from Stihl".
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

ET21

Longest time I always passed a stand-alone Stihl store in Stockton IL going to Galena and Dubuque, the only one I've ever seen. They closed about 5 years ago
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

CNGL-Leudimin

Stihl. My dad sells and repairs machinery from that brand. Their invoices are by far the largest ones, and it's a PITA to enter them into the computer.

As for commercials, I can only recall a couple of them, and of course they are different to the American ones.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

txstateends

Quote from: bandit957 on August 12, 2018, 08:58:15 PM
Quote from: Beltway on August 12, 2018, 08:26:51 PM
Is it pronounced "steel" as in the metal?

Yes.

I always thought it was (and pronounced it as) "Still", not "Steel".
(oh well, to-may-to, to-mah-to....)
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

cjk374

Quote from: txstateends on August 13, 2018, 11:10:42 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on August 12, 2018, 08:58:15 PM
Quote from: Beltway on August 12, 2018, 08:26:51 PM
Is it pronounced "steel" as in the metal?

Yes.

I always thought it was (and pronounced it as) "Still", not "Steel".
(oh well, to-may-to, to-mah-to....)

Don't forget mater.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.