Are there any lettered highway dead ends in Wisconsin?

Started by dvferyance, August 20, 2016, 01:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

Does anyone know if there are any examples of lettered highways in Wisconsin that just become dead end roads? I believe there is one near La Crosse is that they only one or are there any other ones?

peterj920

Calumet County has 2 that both dead end at Lake Winnebago.  County E goes to Stockbridge Harbor and County EE goes to Calumet County Park. 

triplemultiplex

There aren't a ton of 'dead end' county highways, but they do exist.

The road into the airport in Ashland is CTH K.
CTH IR dead ends just past the Northeast Wisconsin Zoo in Brown County.
A few of the state parks in Door County are served by county highways.
Eau Claire County has several, most of them along the Eau Claire River and its impoundments.
CTH A dead ends at Saxon Harbor in Iron County.
CTH D dead ends at a beach access on Lake Michigan in Ozaukee County.
I think there are two county parks with county highways ending in them in Kewaunee County.

As one can see, dead end county highways usually serve a park of some sort.

There are plenty more county highways that end on town roads, but this only asked about dead ends.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Right on Red

County DD in Dodge County dead ends in Theresa Junction at a railroad track.

peterj920

In Brown County, every County road that ends without connecting to another county or state highway starts with an I.  IR mentioned above goes to the New Zoo.  The other 2 end in the middle of the road but aren't dead end roads.  IL ends at the landfill, and IV ends at a Green Bay Water Treatment facility. 

County W on Washington Island dead-ends on both ends - it does not follow the ferry to mainland Door County.

Door County NP, mentioned above, also dead-ends at a park.
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

dvferyance

I looked it up the one I was referring to earlier is County BW ends on the north point of French Island near La Crosse. I just remembered another one County X is Vernon County north of Westby. It's purpose is to serve a County Park off of WI 27. In addition to the one mention before in Door County I found another one County ZZ just ends at Lake Michigan. Given Door County's location it's no surprise that they would have some.

MKEDavenH

There are a few others over there, too:

CH-XX, west of Viroqua, enters and dead ends in Sidie Hollow Park.
CH-BI, north of De Soto off of WIS-35, into Blackhawk Park.
CI-GI, south of La Crosse off of WIS-35, into Goose Island Park.
CH-BB, on the north side of Viroqua. No park involved, just... ends.
CH-N, west of Potosi, ends at the Mississippi River.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.