News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2012 Ohio meet?

Started by A.J. Bertin, February 20, 2012, 12:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J. Bertin

Has anyone heard about an Ohio meet for this year? Last year I know it was mentioned that Dayton might be the city of choice for the 2012 Ohio meet, but I have not heard any plans at all. I know this meet is usually held the second or third Saturday in May.

Does anyone know anything? I will definitely want to attend if this meet takes place. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

hbelkins

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 20, 2012, 12:56:08 PM
Has anyone heard about an Ohio meet for this year? Last year I know it was mentioned that Dayton might be the city of choice for the 2012 Ohio meet, but I have not heard any plans at all. I know this meet is usually held the second or third Saturday in May.

Does anyone know anything? I will definitely want to attend if this meet takes place. :)

Dan Garnell usually does the Ohio meets, but he's been very silent on just about every forum where he participates. I think Richard Ruffner may be helping to set up any possible Dayton meet.

Dayton would be easily do-able as a day trip from here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

The deal brokered by Dan Garnell, between me and Richard Ruffner, was that I got to host the Ohio meet in C-bus last year and Ruffner got to host the Ohio meet in Dayton this year.
No date has been set to my knowledge.

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

ruffnerr

Yes, a Dayton meet is on tap for 2012, with Mother's day, the 5th and the 19th look likely.

jpi

Quote from: ruffnerr on February 21, 2012, 08:12:23 PM
Yes, a Dayton meet is on tap for 2012, with Mother's day, the 5th and the 19th look likely.
The 5th would be VERY doable for me, I will be in Dayton that weekend for a diecast toy show held at Hara Arena so Steph and I could do the lunch and some of a tour but I would have to get to Hara around 3 to get steup, the show is on Sunday 5/6 from 9 to 3.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

A.J. Bertin

Hmm... I really hope this meet is not scheduled for May 5, because I will likely be attending road meets the two previous weekends... Joliet on April 21 and Memphis on April 28. Three roadmeet weekends in a row for me is just about out of the question.

I already committed to Joliet on 4/21, and Memphis on 4/28 is a maybe. If Dayton is scheduled for 5/5, I probably won't be going to Memphis. My vote is obviously for May 19.
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

I am pretty much open for either May 5 or May 19, May 6 is a diecast show in the area but as far as I know, I have nothing planned on 5/19 either, Just not sure if I want to go back up to Dayton just 2 weeks later after being there on 5/5. it is a 5 and a half to 6 hour drive for me.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

ruffnerr

It looks like it is May 19th, at  http://milanossubs.com/restaurant.html

UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON
p: 937-222-7072
1820 Brown Street
Dayton, OH 45409

Last time we went to a chain, and I wanted a Dayton original this time.

Facebook event to be created soon.

Alps

I-675 beckons, color me interested.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: ruffnerr on February 24, 2012, 01:31:46 PM
It looks like it is May 19th, at  http://milanossubs.com/restaurant.html

UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON
p: 937-222-7072
1820 Brown Street
Dayton, OH 45409

Last time we went to a chain, and I wanted a Dayton original this time.

Facebook event to be created soon.

Woo hoo! I can't wait!!!
-A.J. from Michigan

hbelkins

Quote from: Steve on February 24, 2012, 04:27:33 PM

Wonder if there is any evidence left where that car used the median guardrail as a ramp and went up into the air and slammed against an overpass a couple of years ago? I think that happened pretty close to the southern end near I-75.

vtk

Quote from: hbelkins on February 24, 2012, 08:14:04 PM
Quote from: Steve on February 24, 2012, 04:27:33 PM

Wonder if there is any evidence left where that car used the median guardrail as a ramp and went up into the air and slammed against an overpass a couple of years ago? I think that happened pretty close to the southern end near I-75.

I didn't see any such evidence, and I looked for it, when I drove I-675 a couple of months ago. Though I thought it was closer to US 35, and it was dark by the time I got to I-75...

I doubt I'll attend the meet.  I'd have to ask for the day off, as would Ed probably, and we're not exactly doing well financially these days.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

ruffnerr

It was Wagner road, one exit past US-35 (Indian Ripple exit).  I believe the evidence is still there, the bridge pier is dark and scuffed.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=39.682883,-84.098711&spn=0.013673,0.033023&t=m&z=16

Driver was going southbound.

Video in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJlmv9r1IKY

We will visit the site.

Janko Dialnice

I won't be able to attend this meet,being that I will be out of the country this particular weekend. This is also why I cannot attend the proposed DC area meet on the same day.

A.J. Bertin

I know Froggie is looking at hosting a DC meet on May 19 and that Richard suggested pushing the Dayton meet to a later this weekend because of Froggie's meet.

Obviously it's not my meet and Richard can do whatever he wishes to do, but I hope he chooses to keep it on the 19th. My brother wants to attend this meet with me because we both want to explore the Dayton area and attend a Dayton Dragons baseball game that Saturday night. (They play at home that night.)

This is just my 2 cents, but once a meet is scheduled for a certain date, I don't believe another meet happening the same day should mean that the first meet gets bumped. Of course Richard can do whatever he wants to do. As more and more people schedule meets these days, it seems like this problem will continue into the future. I guess it's a good problem to have!  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

hbelkins

OTOH, I would like to see Dayton rescheduled. I will probably attend one of the meets that day but not sure which one.

ruffnerr

I talked with Dan, and we are going to reschedule once and only once.  (I call no changes).  New date: June 9th.  And, AJ, the Dragons are at home that weekend as well.  Facebook page as soon as I final up the itinerary.

Alps

That might help me attend both, too.

jpi

Quote from: ruffnerr on March 06, 2012, 11:12:11 PM
I talked with Dan, and we are going to reschedule once and only once.  (I call no changes).  New date: June 9th.  And, AJ, the Dragons are at home that weekend as well.  Facebook page as soon as I final up the itinerary.
Now June 9th would work better for me.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

froggie

AJ:  Navy's moving me early.  My hands are tied in the matter and this is the only way to continue with a DC meet before I transfer.

ruffnerr

A.J. Bertin

I think my original frustration was that I and maybe others too were making plans based on the fact that the Ohio meet was already scheduled for a certain date (before the DC meet was announced). I know that there have been other times when two meets were scheduled on the same weekend, and people just chose between one or the other.

It's all cool... not worried at all. I'm glad that Richard made a good decision that works best for the majority of people involved. I'm really excited about this meet and can't wait to bring my brother. And bonus that the Dragons play at home that night. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on March 10, 2012, 12:21:44 AM
I think my original frustration was that I and maybe others too were making plans based on the fact that the Ohio meet was already scheduled for a certain date (before the DC meet was announced). I know that there have been other times when two meets were scheduled on the same weekend, and people just chose between one or the other.

Like last year?

hbelkins

You all did Columbus last year, right? What was the other meet that day? Wasn't it Kansas?

Dayton and DC are more likely to have to cause people to choose than Kansas and C-bus.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: hbelkins on March 10, 2012, 10:05:17 PM
You all did Columbus last year, right? What was the other meet that day? Wasn't it Kansas?

Dayton and DC are more likely to have to cause people to choose than Kansas and C-bus.
Richie scheduled the Kansas meet the same day as I had the Columbus meet (after I had scheduled the C-bus meet)
And as I recall, you and Brian Reynolds went to the Kansas meet instead of Ohio.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.