Doylestown, PA Meet / 202 Parkway

Started by Alps, October 23, 2012, 06:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Still waiting to find out when the bypass opens, but right now this will either happen the 8th or the 15th of December. Do your best to keep both dates open! No RSVPs yet, please.

The meet will be at 11:30 AM at:

Jamison Pour House
2160 York Road (PA 263), Jamison, PA

• From west or east on I-276: Take Exit 343 to PA 611 North. Make a right at the second light on Blair Mill Rd. At the end of the road, turn right, then left at the next light onto PA 263. The restaurant will be on the left in 4.5 miles just before the concrete median at Almshouse Rd.
  • From north on I-476: Take Exit 44 and turn left on PA 663 East. Continue on PA 313 East for 13 miles. Make a right onto PA 611 South. At the end of the freeway, make a left at the third light onto Almshouse Rd. Make a right on York Rd./PA 263 in 2.5 miles and the restaurant is on the right.
  • From other directions: The restaurant is south and east of Doylestown and the US 202/PA 611 junction. Almshouse Rd. is the nearest cross-street to the north, and is a westerly continuation of PA 332. PA 332 connects to I-95, and PA 263 connects to US 202.
The meet will have four legs:

• 202 Parkway (1 hour)
  • Washington's Crossing (1¼ hours)
  • Yardley-Wilburtha Bridge (½ hour)
  • Return leg (¾ hour, or 1½ hour with special stop, daylight/weather permitting)
The sun will be setting during the return leg, but that's OK.

jpi

Or how about 12/22 or 12/29? Steph and I plan to be in central PA around that time;-) Just thought I throw that out there.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

I wanted to try to avoid the holiday weekends of 12/22 and 12/29, thinking of people who may want to take long weekends with the following Tuesdays already off. Also, traffic will get progressively worse with each passing weekend until January, but I'd like to try to hit up the bypass before then - firstly, to get there right when it opens, and secondly, in case it snows.

Ian

AFAIK, all weekends in early to mid-December should be good for me.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

jpi

Good point Steve. Just thought I would throw that out there, also Kim H is considering a St Louis road meet around the middle of December but obviouly this should not affect you guys.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Dr Frankenstein

PHLBOS

As of now, both the 8th & the 15th work for me.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

jpi

Ironically, I will be in Pittsburgh on the 8th for my 3 time a year Steel City Con toy show and will be busy selling diecast cars all day that day. Hope you guys have a good turn out :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Laura

Yay! My school semester ends on the 3rd, so both of those dates work for me!

hbelkins

Depending on the weather, this is a distinct possibility for me. AFAIK, either date would work. If the 15th, I will probably opt for this one over St. Louis.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Alps

NE2

Quote from: http://www.montgomerynews.com/articles/2012/11/08/north_penn_life/news/doc50971914831ed218048173.txt
"I'm hearing that police departments have been having trouble keeping vehicles on the highway,"  said Metzger, standing on the newly dedicated Richard J. Brady Bridge, located above Route 309.
Presumably he meant *off* the highway...
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Created a Facebook page even though we don't have a set date yet - just to get that out of the way and start letting people sign up and RSVP. http://www.facebook.com/events/545128422167997

kharvey10

my St. Louis meet was set to the 15th cause the 8th is the date of a home basketball game at my nephew's high school (he's a senior and in pep band)

SteveG1988

I should be able to make it either weekend, all depends on how my bills for the month work out.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

hbelkins

Now that official opening date is set (Dec. 3), do we have an official meet date?

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on November 16, 2012, 10:19:43 PM
Now that official opening date is set (Dec. 3), do we have an official meet date?
Indeed, December 8 is confirmed for the meet. See you then!

jpi

Darn, well I will be on the western side of the keystone state that day. Have fun guys! I will be there in spirit while I will be pertaking in my other hobby at Steel City Con in Pittsburgh!
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Just a reminder - please RSVP this coming week if you haven't already, so that I can call a head count into the restaurant. We're only 8 days away! http://www.facebook.com/events/545128422167997 is the event page and where I'd like you to RSVP, but if you don't have Facebook, I'll collect replies in this thread too.

PHLBOS

I already responded on your Facebook page, but for the benefit of those that don't know me yet; I will be going.  I'm looking forward to finally meeting all of you.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Roadgeek Adam

Some photos from today, weather involved.

ROADS on whiteboard and SEND HELP.

Newlywed Game, without the game, or the newlyweds. :)

We were offered so this is the de facto group photo. Photos of us were also taken by staff for the restaurant.
(left to right: Kevin Brownlie, H.B. Elkins, Leigh Koven, Allen Seth Dunn, Lou Corsaro (all with their girlfriends), Santa Claus, Adam Winkler, Chris Commans, Steve Alpert, Laura Bianca, Michael Pruett, Doug Kerr, Ian Ligget, Mike Tantillo, Anthony Costanzo and Adam Moss (myself))
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

jpi

Looks like you guys had fun! I had a pretty good day of selling toy cars in Pittsburgh this weekend, next weekend its all about roads in St. Louis!
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Dr Frankenstein

Looks like I missed a good one! D: (For those who aren't on facebook: I was supposed to go but had to cancel at the last minute because I wasn't feeling well on Friday and didn't want to drive across the Adirondacks alone feeling like this, with a cellphone that doesn't work.)

Oh well. I'm glad you all had fun.

hbelkins

Good meet.

I started my trip Thursday and overnighted at Buckhannon, WV (hometown of a certain roadgeek who works for the NJ Turnpike and the town from which a certain girl came from who was highlighted on the second side of the second album of a rock band from Chicago with horns).

Friday I drove the new portion of US 48 (Corridor H) and then headed for the greater Philadelphia area, clinching I-176 in the process. Spent Friday and Saturday nights at Bensalem.

Sunday morning I got up real early and headed west on the PA Turnpike, then went south on I-83, clinching both it and Maryland's I-395. After a short jaunt south on I-95, I clinched the ICC (way underposted at 55 mph and heavily patrolled by cops) and I-370, then went down to Virginia and headed west to Leesburg via VA 267, then drove the new WV 9 expressway all the way to Martinsburg and continued on to Berkeley Springs, then north on US 522 to hit I-68 for the standard route home.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.