News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Central Susquehanna Valley Road Meet April 2018

Started by jpi, December 18, 2017, 11:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have narrowed down to 2 Saturdays in April 2018, hopefully no snow this time unlike April 2016

Saturday April 21
8 (57.1%)
Saturday April 28
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 16, 2018, 11:21:56 PM

jpi

I have narrowed down to 2 Saturdays in April 2018, we will meet for lunch at Hoss's Steak and Seahouse, a regional PA chain located on US 11\ 15 in Shamokin Dam at 11:00am and proceed with the tour, We will head south to Susquehanna Valley Mall and park our vehicles, I am planning on renting a mini van to help with car pooling. From there we will go to the current stub end of the 11/15 Selinsgrove By-Pass at the US 522 exit near the mall then head north along the proposed alignment of the expressway which will run west of the current US 11/15 alignment.

From there we will see construction in full swing of the northern section of the project which includes a new bridge over the west branch of the Susquehanna River. From there we will check out Shikallemy State Park which offers a great view of Northumberland, Sunbury and the surrounding country side including views of the expressway construction. If time permits we will then head north along I-180 to Williamsport and check out some sites there, some where highlighted in Jeff Kitsko's meet 6 years ago.

This should wrap up by 6pm if anyone wants to do a post meet dinner there are many options in the area, I plan on getting a Facebook event posted this weekend and will have a full more detailed itinerary posted here in the coming weeks.  :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Wow! Not even 24 hours into this poll and so far 4/21 is winning! I will keep this open for another 2 months and will post an event page on Face book on Christmas Day  :)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

briantroutman

I'll reserve my vote since, at this point, either date would be just as good. I generally don't know if I'll be slammed with completing a project until a few weeks ahead of time, but if I give business associates advance notice that I'm unavailable on a specific date, they'll respect that. So whatever date works for everyone else is what I'll plan on.

It sounds like you have everything pretty solidly planned out, but if there's any on-the-ground scouting work you'd like me to help with between now and then, I'd be happy to volunteer. I tend to visit Williamsport about every other month, and the L-shaped I-76 → US 15 route is only slightly longer than the 7-shaped I-476 → I-80.

hbelkins

I'm not going to vote at this stage of the planning, but I would expect that I'd be OK with either date. I want to try to make this one, as it would give me at least one route-clinching opportunity.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

PHLBOS

As things currently stand; either date works for me.  Missed out last time due to it snowing back home (Philly area).
GPS does NOT equal GOD

noelbotevera

Both dates work for me. Since I live in Chambersburg, my dad can drive me to and from the meet.

There's probably a low chance, but could this become a 2 day meet?
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

cl94

I'm not voting because I can make either date pretty easily.

Two day meets are very iffy for a lot of people, myself included, which is why they generally don't happen. I know I wouldn't make a second day.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

jpi

Quote from: noelbotevera on December 20, 2017, 03:31:07 PM
Both dates work for me. Since I live in Chambersburg, my dad can drive me to and from the meet.

There's probably a low chance, but could this become a 2 day meet?
Sorry this will not be a 2 day meet, especially if 4/28 wins out because the next day I will be set up at a toy show selling diecast cars, my other hobby
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I voted 21st, because my mom's 70th birthday is on the 27th, so I'll be staying put in C-bus that weekend (28th).
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

baugh17

Quote from: jpi on December 18, 2017, 11:21:56 PM
I have narrowed down to 2 Saturdays in April 2018, we will meet for lunch at Hoss's Steak and Seahouse, a regional PA chain located on US 11\ 15 in Shamokin Dam at 11:00am and proceed with the tour, We will head south to Susquehanna Valley Mall and park our vehicles, I am planning on renting a mini van to help with car pooling. From there we will go to the current stub end of the 11/15 Selinsgrove By-Pass at the US 522 exit near the mall then head north along the proposed alignment of the expressway which will run west of the current US 11/15 alignment.

From there we will see construction in full swing of the northern section of the project which includes a new bridge over the west branch of the Susquehanna River. From there we will check out Shikallemy State Park which offers a great view of Northumberland, Sunbury and the surrounding country side including views of the expressway construction. If time permits we will then head north along I-180 to Williamsport and check out some sites there, some where highlighted in Jeff Kitsko's meet 6 years ago.

This should wrap up by 6pm if anyone wants to do a post meet dinner there are many options in the area, I plan on getting a Facebook event posted this weekend and will have a full more detailed itinerary posted here in the coming weeks.  :nod:

Too early for me to commit, but either date works for me as of right now.

Duke87

I'm a definite no for the 28th. Not voting though since I can't commit to being available on the 21st yet.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

jpi

So far the 21st has been the popular vote, I am going to keep the poll open until early February, then I will post the Facebook event, thanks again guys and have a Merry Christmas!! :bigass:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

cl94

You'll probably get big turnout no matter when you hold this thing. Enough of us within a few hours and I plan to combine this with county clinching (still missing a few in central PA) and hiking. Could be my first meet where I also finish a state's counties, as it would be realistic to do a loop that gets the remaining 5.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

jpi

Happy New Year everyone!  :bigass: Here is a URL link to PENNDOT's website on this construction-

http://www.csvt.com/

So far it's looking like Saturday April 21 will be the day unless something radically changes between now and the end of this month, February 1 I will post the facebook announcement with the date and yes it will still be Hoss's Steak and sea house on US 11/15 Shamokin Dam at 11am, both Steph and I will be hosting like we did in York 2 years ago. Construction is coming along well in the area as of last month and I am hoping the bridge deck will start taking shape by the time April comes around.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

getemngo

This one is very high on my list. As I said in the Louisiana thread, whether I can attend depends on how many days I can take off work, and I don't know that yet. I'll put my odds at 60%.
~ Sam from Michigan

Brandon

If it's April 21, I'll be there.  If it's April 28, I, unfortunately, cannot.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

jpi

Quote from: Brandon on January 19, 2018, 10:24:48 AM
If it's April 21, I'll be there.  If it's April 28, I, unfortunately, cannot.
So far April 21 is looking like the winner  ;-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

February is just about upon us, looks like 4/21 is going to be the winner, probably next week I will go ahead and create a facebook event for this but this thread will be the main event page here on AA roads.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Hi guys, this poll closes later this week and it looks like April 21 is the winner, I am going to get a Facebook event set up hopefully tonight after work but for those on here that are not on Facebook, this is the go to page for more info.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

cl94

Still 99% certain I'll be able to make this thing. Timing may be a little tight on the way down if I want to finish PA's counties, but I can always get those another time if work holds me back. Darn Cameron County...

jpi

Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

SSOWorld

Since I must choose between Shreveport and this - this one is out for me. :(
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jpi

Quote from: SSOWorld on February 12, 2018, 10:33:03 PM
Since I must choose between Shreveport and this - this one is out for me. :(
I understand, besides Steph and I are planning on going to Shreveport too.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Since Shreveport is out for me, I'm gonna try to make this one if possible. It's closer, and I could still accomplish a roadgeek goal (clinching US 522 in Pennsylvania).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

okroads

I definitely want to make this meet as part of a trip to collect new counties in WV, PA, and NY, and also a clinch of current and possible future I-99.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.