News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Double Green For Track Clearance

Started by Brian556, March 09, 2020, 11:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

West Palm Beach FL: FL 704/ Okeechobee Blvd @ S Quadrille Blvd. Intersection immediately after RR XING. Two normal vertical heads, but with 3M program visibility Single green indications attached below the 3-light heads. I'm wondering how this works. maybe the green that is a within the three-light head turn off when the RR signals activate, leaving only the 3M Program Visibility green indications lit. Anybody observed this intersection when the signals are pre-empted for a train?

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.7064193,-80.055626,3a,19.3y,269.44h,98.79t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sojh3Xp7V4UexzLU2znWyLg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

index

Don't mind my pedantry here, those are actually McCain PV heads ;) .

As for the reason that there's programmable visibility, the proximity of the other intersection before the tracks might have something to do with that. From what I've seen FDOT will limit visiblity in close proximity like that. Although, if that were the case...all the heads should be limited.

On the other hand, you can't see them on from the other intersection.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Revive 755

^ The intersection with Quadrille Boulevard should already act as a pre-signal.

roadman

Quote from: Revive 755 on March 10, 2020, 06:35:52 PM
^ The intersection with Quadrille Boulevard should already act as a pre-signal.

Point taken.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.