AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
 on: Today at 10:01:46 AM 
Started by theroadwayone - Last post by jon daly
Circle Interchange, probably even after the reconstruction is complete.

Building the Hypotenuse would help.

PS -if the Hypotenuse is what I think it is, it reminds me of L'Enfant's design of Washington DC; diagonal avenues that reduce travel times across town from what a pure grid system would offer.

Someone should build a wiki of the fictional highway ideas posted here.

on: Today at 09:59:16 AM 
Started by bandit957 - Last post by Road Hog
Texas has had a Ma Ferguson and a Pa Ferguson as governor.

Also has had governors with Coke as a first name (Coke R. Stevenson) and last name (Richard Coke). In their honor, every soft drink in Texas is called a Coke.

on: Today at 09:38:12 AM 
Started by GreenLanternCorps - Last post by jeffandnicole
If it was built in the 1960s, that makes the bridge only about 50 years old or so.  Bridges usually have lifespans much longer than that.

on: Today at 09:35:55 AM 
Started by CapeCodder - Last post by jon daly
It took me a while to get used to listening to sports on higher fidelity FM. I'm not sure what the audio equivalent of cinematography is, but some things sound better in lo-fi.

on: Today at 09:33:06 AM 
Started by GreenLanternCorps - Last post by ET21
Leading suspected cause is a "cloudburst". Witnesses are saying they saw lightning strike the bridge, then it collapsed....

Might be more of age finally got to it

on: Today at 09:31:32 AM 
Started by ET21 - Last post by ET21
Delete if necessary then...

on: Today at 09:30:53 AM 
Started by txstateends - Last post by jon daly
Speaking of college towns, I wouldn't think of Willimantic as a college town per se, but it is the home of Eastern Connecticut State University; my alma mater.

on: Today at 09:29:11 AM 
Started by ET21 - Last post by 1
Existing thread: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=23467

on: Today at 09:25:23 AM 
Started by ET21 - Last post by ET21
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45183624

"A motorway bridge has collapsed near the Italian city of Genoa, sending vehicles plummeting some 100m (328ft) to the ground and killing at least 11 people, local media report."

"Video footage appears to show one of the towers holding up the suspension bridge collapsing in stormy weather.

The police linked the disaster to what they called a violent cloudburst."

Still developing...

on: Today at 09:21:17 AM 
Started by bandit957 - Last post by cabiness42
In Wisconsin back in the 90's we had a head of the Department of Instruction named Burt Grover. We are the only state that elects that position as all other are appointed by the Governor.

Indiana elects a Superintendent of Public Instruction.  Sounds like pretty much the same position.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.