News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hello from California!

Started by Inyomono395, February 09, 2016, 07:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inyomono395

Hello everyone!

My name is Neil and I'm from the small town of Bishop, CA where the western terminus of US 6 meets US 395. From a young age I have been very interested in highways. In the past five years my interest of highways has turned into a passion. I am very interested in the history and former alignment of highways, highway signs, planning and construction of highways, intersections/interchanges and last but not least maps and navigation.

I've been following this website for the past couple of years and I finally decided to join in on the fun. I'm looking forward to talking to everybody, and I want to apologize ahead of time if I make some newbie mistakes along the way.

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts! (No, I'm not from Provincetown, the other end of US 6.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Alex

Welcome to the board!

Been through Bishop a couple of times over the years. Love how you can stand in the middle of US 6 at the Nevada state line and not get run over.

SignGeek101

Welcome from palm tree less Winnipeg!

kkt

I've been to Bishop a few times, but not for a long time.  Usually after some adventure in the mountains.
Welcome!

jbnati27

Welcome from cold and snowy greater Cincinnati!!

Pete from Boston

I just missed Bishop, getting on 6 going east at Benton.  All I have ever known of it was that it stuck in my head as the setting of a TV episode in the 70s or 80s (Bionic Woman?  A-Team?). 

Amazing area to drive in when you're used to the East. 

freebrickproductions

Welcome from Alabama! I've never been to Bishop, or California in general really, though my dad's gone out to Los Angeles a few times.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

TheStranger

Always great to see more California commenters here at AARoads! :D
Chris Sampang

wolfiefrick

ModernDayWarrior

Welcome from southeast Missouri!

noelbotevera

Desert Man

Welcome to the AAroads forum! I'm in the Palm Springs area, where the I-10 crosses along side the old US route 99 (also 60 and 70). The CA routes 62 and 86 are "freeway" stage when they're inside the city limits of Desert Hot Springs (the 62) and Coachella (the 86).
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

coatimundi

Welcome!
Bishop is one of my favorite small towns in California. I was actually out there a few months ago, and visited your town's little brewpub, which I found to be very good, and loved their use of local hops (there's a hop farm on Benton Crossing Road). But my US 6 research has brought me there a few times. I love the wholly undramatic end of that highway there. Then again, the other end isn't really signed either.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.