News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Google Earth 3d screenshots

Started by bugo, August 10, 2017, 04:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Google Earth now features 3d buildings in some locations. The Android app, the Windows standalone program (Google Earth and Google Earth Pro) and the web-based Google Earth (only available for Chrome at this time) all have the 3d buildings. Bridges, overhead sign gantries and other road-related features are also in 3d. Terrain is 3d everywhere (or at least everywhere that I have checked) but the 3d building feature is only available in some places, mostly cities. One cool thing about it is that you can get unique views of things that would be nearly impossible without a drone or some similar device.

The Chrome link is here: https://earth.google.com/web/

Here are some screenshots I have taken from the Chrome-based web version of Google Earth:

Hernando DeSoto Bridge, I-40, Memphis, TN

Memphis-Arkansas, Frisco, Harahan Bridges, Memphis TN

I-244/I-444/US 75/US 412 interchange, Tulsa, OK

Talmadge Bridge, US 17, Savannah, GA

George Westinghouse Bridge, US 30, East Pittsburgh, PA

US 59/270, Big Creek Valley, Eagleton, AR. Rich Mountain is on the left while Black Fork Mountain is on the right

Little Rock skyline. The old US 70 Broadway Bridge is still visible in this view. I-30 Arkansas River bridge is visible in the distance

Signs, I-44/OK 66, Tulsa, OK

UP Viaduct, AR 10, Little Rock, AR

Huey P. Long Bridge, US 90, Jefferson Parish, LA

I-244/444/US 64/US 75/OK 51 interchange, Tulsa, OK

Post your screenshots here. If you don't know how to do screenshots on a Windows computer, it's simple. Press the Print Screen key and a screenshot will appear in your clipboard. Open up a graphics editor program (the humble MS Paint program works just fine) and paste the clipboard contents into the editor. Use a crop feature to crop out everything but the image (this is an optional step.) Save the picture, upload it to a photo site (I use flickr) and paste the URL to the image within img brackets.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.