News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Today I broke my finger and my vision got all funny

Started by bandit957, January 25, 2018, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Today, I broke my finger when a car door closed on it. After it, maybe 10 minutes later, I felt like I was gonna pass out and my vision got all weird like the "Electric Avenue" video.

Has anyone else ever had their vision get all funny because of something like this?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hotdogPi

Did you do that just so that you would be able to post about it?

(Side note: I added "EDIT: Is 27 seconds a record?" here, then removed it after it got beaten in Reply #2.)
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

bandit957

bandit957

Oh, and 27 seconds is no longer a record, because I just beat it by one second.

21stCenturyRoad

The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

adventurernumber1

Yikes! That's gotta hurt!  :-o  :no:

Given that an occurrence like breaking a bone would happen, I guess it can't be too surprising that one's vision could be temporarily distorted and impaired in such a way, and having the feeling of passing out and such.

Hope you recover quickly!
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

rickmastfan67

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on January 25, 2018, 11:58:38 PM
Yikes! That's gotta hurt!  :-o  :no:

Not as much as having the entire tip of the finger cut off from a car door! (Not me, but happened to my little brother when he was really young, and yes, they were able to reattach it before it was too late.)

webny99

Quote from: 1 on January 25, 2018, 09:17:51 PM
(Side note: I added "EDIT: Is 27 seconds a record?" here, then removed it after it got beaten in Reply #2.)
If you're wondering if a reply in 27 seconds is a record, then I'm not sure, but I'll have to join the competition. I didn't know there was one  :bigass:

triplemultiplex

Those are the first symptoms of shock.  Light-headedness, chills, slight nausea, blurred vision.

Elevate the feet and keep the patient warm.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

kkt

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 26, 2018, 10:02:44 AM
Those are the first symptoms of shock.  Light-headedness, chills, slight nausea, blurred vision.

Elevate the feet and keep the patient warm.

Or, you know, just post on social media about it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.