News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

OSM just fucking SUCKS now

Started by NE2, April 17, 2018, 05:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US 89

I thought this was going to be about the Liberty Memorial Parkway.

Duke87

Well I fixed it. Let's see if anyone tries to fight me on this. >_>

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/58188274
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

mjb2002

I did not know how far OSM fell. I used it yesterday to update an alignment of streets three miles from me. It had the pre-2017 alignment rather than the current alignment.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: mjb2002 on May 20, 2018, 09:44:55 PM
I did not know how far OSM fell. I used it yesterday to update an alignment of streets three miles from me. It had the pre-2017 alignment rather than the current alignment.

It's only as good as the users that update it.

Roadsguy

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 22, 2018, 08:56:00 AM
Quote from: mjb2002 on May 20, 2018, 09:44:55 PM

It's only as good as the users that update it.

Yeah, and I notice that the USA doesn't seem to have as many active mappers as Europe does. Of course America is also way bigger and emptier than Europe, so there's a lot more area to cover, but this is true even in cities and towns.
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.