News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Favorite National Lampoon Vacation Movie?

Started by Henry, June 25, 2018, 09:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of all the movies in the Vacation series, which one do you like best?

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)
13 (65%)
National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985)
2 (10%)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
4 (20%)
Vegas Vacation (1997)
1 (5%)
Vacation (2015)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

roadman

Quote from: inkyatari on June 26, 2018, 12:08:08 PM
There is one choice missing from the poll..
Christmas Vacation 2...  Although from what I've read, nobody really misses that one.

Didn't realize there was a Christmas Vacation 2.  Probably a good indicator of the quality of the movie.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

inkyatari

Quote from: roadman on June 27, 2018, 09:35:11 AM
Christmas Vacation 2...  Although from what I've read, nobody really misses that one.

Didn't realize there was a Christmas Vacation 2.  Probably a good indicator of the quality of the movie.

It was direct to video / TV so...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Lampoon%27s_Christmas_Vacation_2
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

abefroman329

It was focused on Cousin Eddie and the only other characters from previous Vacation movies were Eddie's wife Catherine and Audrey (played by the original Audrey, no less).  I guess the overestimated the popularity of that character.

roadman

Quote from: abefroman329 on June 27, 2018, 11:32:40 AM

It was focused on Cousin Eddie and the only other characters from previous Vacation movies were Eddie's wife Catherine and Audrey (played by the original Audrey, no less).  I guess the overestimated the popularity of that character.
Sounds like a page from the classic Hollywood playbook to milk a franchise well past its prime - focus on a bit character from a previous movie in the series.  Sad how Hollywood isn't even trying to show any originality or creativity in movies these days.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

abefroman329

Quote from: roadman on June 27, 2018, 11:36:21 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on June 27, 2018, 11:32:40 AM

Sounds like a page from the classic Hollywood playbook to milk a franchise well past its prime - focus on a bit character from a previous movie in the series.  Sad how Hollywood isn't even trying to show any originality or creativity in movies these days.
They tend to stop once it's not a moneymaker for them.  But in order for that to happen, people need to stop going to see these movies.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.