News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Why does OH 3 exist in southern Ohio?

Started by bandit957, September 12, 2018, 09:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

OH 3 piggybacks on US 22 from Cincinnati all the way to Columbus. So why does OH 3 even exist on this routing at all? Nobody calls it OH 3.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Because ODOT would have to renumber it Ohio 1 2/5, instead of 3, if it they did away with 3's overlaps with US 22, 62, and 36.
(For those unaware it is Ohio 3 (aka 3-C) because it connects Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati)
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

sparker

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 12, 2018, 10:50:41 PM
Because ODOT would have to renumber it Ohio 1 2/5, instead of 3, if it they did away with 3's overlaps with US 22, 62, and 36.
(For those unaware it is Ohio 3 (aka 3-C) because it connects Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati)

So it's a completely ceremonial/gratuitous designation?  Funny how the number "3" pops up on such things (e.g., the old GA-based "I-3" proposal). 

hbelkins

It's probably run its course, and the superfluous concurrencies could probably be eliminated a la WV 4.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: hbelkins on September 15, 2018, 10:48:34 PM
It's probably run its course, and the superfluous concurrencies could probably be eliminated a la WV 4.

Considering the "superfluous" concurrences have been around since the 1930s, and Oh 1, 440, US 21 & 25, have all passed on since this concurrency started, I don't see ODOT changing anything 3-C in our lifetimes.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.